Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Driving differences XC90 Sport vs Active?

Views : 1911

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 27th, 2010, 07:51   #11
ITServe
XC90 Exec in Grey Pearl

My Exec doesn't roll much on corners I can assure you!
ITServe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 08:34   #12
chunderground
xc90 exec black+privacy

Default xc90 ride

I have a 2009 exec which I was told has the same suspension set up as the rdesign (may be sales talk). I find there is very little body roll but I certainly feel the bumps through the 19" wheels. Reading other posts drivers of active models still complain of harsh ride. I am happy with the ride / handling setup dont like the huge turning circle though.
chunderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 08:37   #13
chunderground
xc90 exec black+privacy

Default xc90 deals

try drive the deal prices before placing order they are brilliant I got 11k off list
chunderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 09:22   #14
ITServe
XC90 Exec in Grey Pearl

Agreed - drive the deal prices are excellent!
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 11:19   #15
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunderground View Post
I have a 2009 exec which I was told has the same suspension set up as the rdesign (may be sales talk). I find there is very little body roll but I certainly feel the bumps through the 19" wheels. Reading other posts drivers of active models still complain of harsh ride. I am happy with the ride / handling setup dont like the huge turning circle though.

The executive and sport(R design) models had DIFFERENT suspensions. The sport/R design is stiffer.. It CERTAINLY corners better than the executive model the trade off is the more
notceable road bumps/imperfections.
Having said that ALL volvos are soft/plush. If you doubt this, go drive an Audi and then the so called stiff sports/r design Xc90.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 13:43   #16
ITServe
XC90 Exec in Grey Pearl

Yeoman have you driven the 2010MY XC90?

Mine is defniitely not soft, and I have BMW 320D M Sport to compare it too - that rides HARD
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 18:39   #17
Britsud
Anycolouraslongasitsblack

Nice to have a debate with people who actualy own a xc90, was thinking this was becoming the will be owning an xc90 forum 'Lol'

ITServe perhaps the dynamics have now changed on the exec model but my 2006 face lift model was a much softer ride and must say that the sport goes round corners like a saloon car.

Nice car choices though, I own a classic opel monza gse of which for a 24 year old has lovely balance and ride ,

cheers bri
2008my xc90 sport,Polestar 205bhp, Flip down DVD, Full intergrated phone volvo on call, RTI Satnav full post code, privacy glass, Winter pack, Family pack, calcite soft leather, .Bi-xenon active headlights, Brembo discs Redstuff Pads.
Britsud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 13:49   #18
the masked avenger

I test drove the SE and the R design (the new name for sport) back to back. I ended up getting the R design as coming from pretty firm cars that was offering a little more "sport" feel. although sport feel on a car of the XC90 size it pretty minimal.

Overall the SE was softer so it did roll a bit more and dip under braking a bit more.

The R design with the "sports" suspension was a bit firmer.

The SE was a little more compliant over all with less of the bumps being transfered to the car.

Essentailly you pay your money you take your choice. They where not miles apart in all honesty and I dont think either would be a bad or wrong choice.

I ended up ordering an R-design through drive the deal but am still wondering if I should have gone with the SE.......I think I have made the right choice for me.
the masked avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 17:28   #19
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITServe View Post
Yeoman have you driven the 2010MY XC90?

Mine is defniitely not soft, and I have BMW 320D M Sport to compare it too - that rides HARD
IT serve. yes! I do have a 2010 XC90 r-design on 20 inches!!. it is firm but to me, no where as firm as Bemmers or Audis esp after a long trip!!( or perhaps my bum is bigger than yours!!!!
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yeoman For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 18:09   #20
ITServe
XC90 Exec in Grey Pearl

Hehe - I pump up the side supports to clench me in position