Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'07 S60 D5 issues

Views : 1762

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 13:20   #11
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA Milne View Post
I purchased the vehicle from the main dealer who has serviced the vehicle from the 3 month quality inspection forward - I've got the service handbook sitting in front of me and it's been serviced on time, every time for the past three years (next due in January 2011). The vehicle has covered 7,500 miles since the service (and 4,500 miles since I bought it) and it underwent the 'Rigourous Inspection' for the Approved Used program, which discovered low tread depth on the front tyres, replacing them with a pair of Avon boots.

I've got the previous owners address on the V5 and they're not all that far away, can easily pop round and have a quick chat with the chap. If the dealer-spiel is right, I doubt the previous owner had any trouble with the car, as it was traded in for a new S80 from the dealers in question.
Did the previous owner have a steep drive? If so a clutch could easily be worn if they reved hard and slipped the clutch to get the car up the drive.
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 17:19   #12
AA Milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Rogers View Post
Did the previous owner have a steep drive? If so a clutch could easily be worn if they reved hard and slipped the clutch to get the car up the drive.
Nope, perfectly flat drive (unless he stayed somewhere else prior to the address on the V5a) though I'm sure I know the chap (not really to speak to, sadly) and if it's who I think it is, he's stayed there for a number of years.
AA Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 20:01   #13
AA Milne

Just a quick update, but good news.

Car is currently with dealer, diagnosed as needing new dual mass flywheel and new clutch, DMF is under Volvo warranty, clutch being covered by dealer, hub bolts were covered by dealer, labour for rear discs being covered by dealer if I cover the price of the parts (I essentially offered something very similar by offering to cover some of the cost to reflect the mileage I had done with the car).

Head techie took me for a spin in the car, tried very hard to get the top suspension strut to make a noise so he could diagnose and repair, but was unable to, so that will need to wait for another day.

I've been dealing with the head of the service department who has been fantastic, really helpful, hub bolts were fitted last week and preliminary diagnosis for the clutch and attempt to find suspension issues were all carried out at the same time, returned to find courtesy car was booked and my car at the top of the list for Monday of this week.

Courtesy car was a three week old, 300 mile on the clock Volvo S40 DRIVe, which is a cracking little car in its own way. Very economical if somewhat likely to get you killed when driven like a S60 D5...

Suffice to say, I'm considerably happier with the main dealer now, the only minor disappointments are that a couple of issues may have gone undetected when the car was checked out before being sold, and that I had to speak to the service manager to get an acceptable resolution to the various issues.

Hopefully also going to finally get a quote for the iPod/iPhone connector.
AA Milne is offline   Reply With Quote