Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VT has a sense of humour! LOL

Views : 3958

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 19:43   #11
arbee
Yellow member

back on topic... i agree - a great sence of humour
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 20:46   #12
adieu
Master Member

Would love to have seen your face tanking down the motorway only to find you couldn't get above 80...roflmao

Iain

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 22:01   #13
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
Set the new C70 (finally) with the custom map for the 19T and ferrita race cat, miltec cat back, ITG filter, NGK Ir idium 8s and V-power

Made 291WHP and 429 NM torque over 5 runs (max over all runs)

Adam's final twist was to fit an 80 Mph limiter on the map - which came as a bit of a shock. Hopin for an unlimited version tomorrow. LOL

Much laughin' and pointing (at me)

Most disappointlingly is I didnt twig until I was told, (down the pub later).

Comedy Value like this must warrant Adam's reinstatement?
429nm of torque from the best run of 5? thats below what rica claim for a std 850 remap isnt it!!

Didnt your car also make 243 whp (which is 285bhp @ the crank @ 15% loss) on vt's dyno when you were running a std map @ 0.8bar? now considering the car is 240 bhp stock (thats crank bhp not whp), i find that strange.

so if you translate that, your above figure would be 291 bhp at the crank which is about right for a 19t, dp and exhuast. and also backed up i believe by the fact that saffronc70 got pretty much the same value for whp from vt that he did from crank bhp at P.E, which seems to me to say that you should take vt's dynojet values as crank not wheel horse power?
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk

Last edited by bobcat; Jan 31st, 2007 at 22:04.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 22:15   #14
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
why are they banned?
sorry.. i don't understand. Who is banned? Is there a list of banned members?
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 22:22   #15
Ross9
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
429nm of torque from the best run of 5? thats below what rica claim for a std 850 remap isnt it!!

Didnt your car also make 243 whp (which is 285bhp @ the crank @ 15% loss) on vt's dyno when you were running a std map @ 0.8bar? now considering the car is 240 bhp stock (thats crank bhp not whp), i find that strange.

so if you translate that, your above figure would be 291 bhp at the crank which is about right for a 19t, dp and exhuast. and also backed up i believe by the fact that saffronc70 got pretty much the same value for whp from vt that he did from crank bhp at P.E, which seems to me to say that you should take vt's dynojet values as crank not wheel horse power?

LOL, I rest my case your honour.

Didn't take long for old issues to be revisited did it, if I were admin I'd whip this whole thread into oblivion as some people obviously can't just leave something be.

As for the 80mph limiter, I forgot to add to my first reply, very amusing, had a good chuckle at that lol.

Ross
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 22:23   #16
imac
Premier Member

Quote:
..lots of things..

Haven't seen you around for some while Matt!
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 22:28   #17
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross9 View Post
LOL, I rest my case your honour.

Didn't take long for old issues to be revisited did it, if I were admin I'd whip this whole thread into oblivion as some people obviously can't just leave something be.

As for the 80mph limiter, I forgot to add to my first reply, very amusing, had a good chuckle at that lol.

Ross
Have i missed something ross?

was just questioning how a std car made more whp than its rated crank figure.

Im sure others have wondered this to.

P.s: can we keep this on topic ross.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
SW Auto's Ebay Shop

Last edited by bobcat; Jan 31st, 2007 at 22:31.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 22:29   #18
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac View Post
Haven't seen you around for some while Matt!
Ive been around, just been busy thats all.

SW Auto's Ebay Shop
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 22:30   #19
timway
Snail Wars: A new shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
sorry.. i don't understand. Who is banned? Is there a list of banned members?
All the people from Volvotuning.... Adam, Hamish, and Nat... its a long story lol - I'm sure Ashok will fill you in if you ask him
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 22:45   #20
Ross9
Master Member

Quote:
Have i missed something ross?

was just questioning how a std car made more whp than its rated crank figure.

Im sure others have wondered this to.

P.s: can we keep this on topic ross.
On the contrary I don't think I've ever seen you miss anything.

As far as I was aware the topic was the humorous addition of an 80mph limiter to Wobbly's car, thats the title after all, it was also brought up in the initial post about reinstating adam etc, this the spate of posts about this.

My point was that yet again you have not missed a chance to jump on any figures and publicly try and defame VT, what's the point, it's just gone and put the thread straight onto the same vain as the countless other threads that led to all the hassle in the first place. As far as the general good of the forum goes, IMO it can do without it, hence my post. It's laughable and I think there's plenty of the same threads all over the forum if anyone needs any info.

If you wish to take the tone that "all you were doing is asking" then thats your choice, or maybe you really don't notice that's the way the post comes across.

I don't particularly rate VT tbh, though have never tried their work but for my own reasosn would never use them for any work, just in case it looked like I had a bias, yet even with that opinion it's still very obvious to me that there are certain people who just live for the chance to belittle somone else or question what they have done or achieved.

To be honest I'd rather all I had said now was "80mph limiter, funny, lol" but I won't go editing my posts so I'll just leave it at that. Wobbly put up an innocent post, with a wee dig at the end, and look what happened, hopefully admin will remove the whole thing as there's nothing constructive being said towards the good of the forum by anyone, including myself.

Ross
Closed Thread