Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

does anyone remember who i bought my car from

Views : 1986

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2010, 13:15   #11
scr8pdo
Premier Member

What did the bloke seem like?
I have bought cars off certain people and they are so suspicious of everthing, want reciepts signing, photocopies of everything etc etc, maybe if this bloke is that type of person, he may have thought that he could apply for a duplicate of the logbook so he had proof for his own accounts, some people are like this and they dont like having nothing left of the logbook once its been sent off, it sounds like they are wary of you as they wouldnt let you sign the traders side of the book, so what i mean is they may have tried to get a copy of the book before they sent off the old one just so they had a legal record of the car or maybe for personal keep, just a thought

PS: That still doesnt account for why the car is still insured or maybe he has just forgot to cancel or swap his policy?

Last edited by scr8pdo; Feb 24th, 2010 at 13:17.
scr8pdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 13:37   #12
scr8pdo
Premier Member

So whats happened to the car? I seem to remember something happening like a crash in the snow or was that someone else, was it you who had a load of people crash into you in the space of a year mate? and a moped rider or somethin?
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 13:42   #13
t5monster

yeah it was me with loads of crashes and the moped i hope i can get an explanation on why the posts have gone when i see an admin online if i find they was asked to be removed then i will have to go and see the bloke maybe if not get my volvo back and make his house into a kfc drive thru lol
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 14:12   #14
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5monster View Post
yeah it was me with loads of crashes and the moped i hope i can get an explanation on why the posts have gone when i see an admin online if i find they was asked to be removed then i will have to go and see the bloke maybe if not get my volvo back and make his house into a kfc drive thru lol
The system crashed mate and all the posts from a certain date were lost, if you look at the information bit above it explains, I lost loads of info, also friends i had added from that date, so was the bloke a bit stuck up and paranoid? I had to grow my hair back because when i turned up for cars, 16 stone with a skinhead in a recovery truck people just automatically assume your a villain and they want copies of everything asking loads of questions, so I grew my hair back a bit and bought a newer truck lol, dont look so bad now I put DVLA signs on the truck too, but it pi****s me off people judging you and sterotyping, but I get a lot more work now lol
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 14:18   #15
bembo449

Quote:
yeh been to dvla and they sending it off to get me log book as the cars in bodyshop at the mo im not bothered as if he was to report it stolen apaqrt from him having my details the cars not here not insured by me and also would not be findable lol

then if it was to come to it id strip it and sale for spares and make my money back anyway as i only give 450 for it aqlong with that i mottd the car on the 19th of jan and also do have a receipt for car somewhere i still have his addy as on my cousins sat nav i just cant understand why he would do what he has also i didnt know the forum had gone down so may hae been amongst the stuff lost

also its against the law to have 2 insurance policys on 1 car so will have to try and find out who its insured by and inform them of this the ecilop is a nono as hate me and hate them

and along with the issue if i dont get the log boom and found out car was reported stolen or something dodgy i would then go to littlehampton and set off a load of speed cams with a nice speed of over double the limit which would then result in an instant ban so he would then be worse off then if needed id go and park the car back outside his house and let him be liable i got 4 sets of keys with car service history and have also used carcheck or something checked the car and vin number and all tallys up so maybe it could be a confusion but seems dodgy to apply for a log book after uve sold the car
definately fishy ! but you signed the main part /new owner of the V5 right !??
bembo449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 15:38   #16
t5monster

yeh i did sign the part i didnt meet the bloke i got it from his wife i arrived and his wife and daughter was arguing like c**ts she had to drop her off i looked all over the car she returned and sorted paperwork and completed the transaction

also when i checked theres no markers on the car never written off or stolen so on so it couldnt haver been in an accident and need a vic check even so im confused
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 16:03   #17
Leeds Lad
Leeds Lad

Just a thought, I'd take a drive past his house and see if there is an identical car on his driveway and he has a nice little earner ringing cars, I hope this is not the case but I would also inform dibble, hope all goes ok.
Leeds Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 16:29   #18
t5monster

will be looking to go up there on thurs or maybe friday when i get some fuel money and will be going there in my 59 plate courtesy car lol
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 18:45   #19
t5monster

im off to the persons house at 7 will update status in a few hours if i get back without being nicked hehe lmfao
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 18:47   #20
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
im off to the persons house at 7 will update status in a few hours if i get back without being nicked hehe lmfao
If he gets funny, you should park the car in his front room