Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Who makes the OEM pads?

Views : 818

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 11th, 2022, 11:10   #11
Olaf Els

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rama View Post
.......... Need the car this weekend so chucked in a set of EBC for £37.50 from the local factor. Not what I really wanted to do but not a lot of choice. (£124.80 is out of my league)
I fitted EBC Yellow Stuff pads and slotted disks on my XC70 a couple of years back. Extremely pleased with them. Seems to need less pedal pressure than the Volvo parts that were on it originally.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 14:17   #12
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Local Volvo dealer wanted £124.80 for OEM. Volvo trade parts on ebay somewhere up north, wanted £71.50 (which is just about reasonable for genuine) but couldn't deliver until next week. Need the car this weekend so chucked in a set of EBC for £37.50 from the local factor. Not what I really wanted to do but not a lot of choice. (£124.80 is out of my league)
It's deeply frustrating when another dealer can sell you the genuine stuff, delivered, for about half the price and they will still be making a profit... doesn't encourage you to remain with genuine parts.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tannaton For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 17:46   #13
Tony Rama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Els View Post
I fitted EBC Yellow Stuff pads and slotted disks on my XC70 a couple of years back. Extremely pleased with them. Seems to need less pedal pressure than the Volvo parts that were on it originally.
I've heard good reports from the MX5 community re EBC. I have some standard ones on the Eunos Roadster.

Not much choice for parts here in Watford since GSF bought Allparts. There is now only GSF, Eurocarparts and good old Midnight Motors where I got the pads on Friday. Of course, everything is available online. But that's no good if you need something urgently.
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 19:15   #14
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Local Volvo dealer wanted £124.80 for OEM. Volvo trade parts on ebay somewhere up north, wanted £71.50 (which is just about reasonable for genuine) but couldn't deliver until next week. Need the car this weekend so chucked in a set of EBC for £37.50 from the local factor. Not what I really wanted to do but not a lot of choice. (£124.80 is out of my league)
Next time call FRF Swansea or Chris and Ashley at Eastbourne Volvo. I doubt they will do it for £35 but I pay around £50 for my 90 posted to me.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 20:41   #15
Tony Rama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
Next time call FRF Swansea or Chris and Ashley at Eastbourne Volvo. I doubt they will do it for £35 but I pay around £50 for my 90 posted to me.
Thanks. That sounds good. Are other parts similarly discounted?
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 20:50   #16
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks. That sounds good. Are other parts similarly discounted?
Yes, all service items are well discounted. I am not sure they are as cheap as pattern parts including good ones like Brembo, Pagid and Mann etc but they are very close. I’m my opinion they are close enough that I would not buy anything but the originals.

Belts, and all service items are very well priced with a great service.

I have bought a couple of non Volvo items as they are too costly but 95% of the stuff I buy is Volvo.

Wiper blades front and rear for example were cheaper than Halfords and I left them 4 years as they Almere as good as the day they were fitted!
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 21:51   #17
Olaf Els

Quote:
I've heard good reports from the MX5 community re EBC. I have some standard ones on the Eunos Roadster.

Not much choice for parts here in Watford since GSF bought Allparts. There is now only GSF, Eurocarparts and good old Midnight Motors where I got the pads on Friday. Of course, everything is available online. But that's no good if you need something urgently.
Glad to hear that you're supporting Midnight Motors. They must have spent quite a lot on revamping the shop so I hope they get enough business to justify it. I tend to get my immediate needs from there and use Autodoc for everything else.

Of course my EBC pads and disks look nothing like this now, but I thought they looked rather smart at this stage!

free image hosting websites
The Following User Says Thank You to Olaf Els For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 22:14   #18
Tony Rama

They look like decent kit. I always support Midnight when I can. They also have a sister shop in Hemel.