Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Multicoloured theatre lighting XC60?

Views : 2112

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2022, 15:00   #11
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
Does it make sense to you that a car might be completed (sort of speaking) step by step? Not to me. If it doesn't have now, it won't have later. They only installed white led lights.
No software can give what doesn't exist in terms of hardware.
It’s the same lighting as in pre facelift. Only the front bumpers, rear bumpers and infotainment got changed as well as the radar sensors. You’ll be surprised what comes as a software update now. We are still waiting on a Apple CarPlay which again is another software update 😊.
If you also look, the LEDs where the overhead lighting is are not white they are a combination of 3 colours which would be RGB 😊. Hence the reason why I think a software update is coming and because the price list said so…
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2022, 03:38   #12
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
It’s the same lighting as in pre facelift. Only the front bumpers, rear bumpers and infotainment got changed as well as the radar sensors. You’ll be surprised what comes as a software update now. We are still waiting on a Apple CarPlay which again is another software update 😊.
If you also look, the LEDs where the overhead lighting is are not white they are a combination of 3 colours which would be RGB 😊. Hence the reason why I think a software update is coming and because the price list said so…
hmmm.. ok maybe you're right. I hope so. Because if not, Volvo doesn't look good on the picture, if you know what I mean....
Old Jan 5th, 2022, 03:41   #13
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
Actually, I think something akin to this may indeed be happening with the Google software on MY22-onwards cars.

There are a number of fairly significant issues and missing features with the Google Infotainment system that have been around since inception last year. I think what may have happened is that the software development has hit delays. However the car itself could not be delayed so Volvo had to ship essentially unfinished software and plans to fix the issues and missing features with software updates, hence 'completing' the car.

Just my thoughts, based on absolutely no inside knowledge, but it seems plausible.

Yeah... to be honest, it does makes sense and there's some logic in your words... let's wait and see. I really hope you guys get what you paid for.
Old Jan 5th, 2022, 09:25   #14
Maccaboy10

Fingers crossed, I am hoping software update v2.0 is a big improvement and arrives soon.

Last edited by Maccaboy10; Jan 5th, 2022 at 10:10.
Maccaboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 07:35   #15
sculliod

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
Quite correct the vehicle is fitted for multicolour theatre lighting but awaits the software to control it. Along with many missing features this will be rolled out in due course. I am told that the “big” update is still 7 months away.
sculliod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 09:22   #16
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculliod View Post
Quite correct the vehicle is fitted for multicolour theatre lighting but awaits the software to control it. Along with many missing features this will be rolled out in due course. I am told that the “big” update is still 7 months away.
That's really quite poor isn't it. A significant feature listed in the car's advertised spec that was there on Sensus but now not.....and is potentially 7 months away! That's pretty poor.
Prev : MY19 S60 T5 R-Design First Edition
Prev : MY17 XC90 D5 R-Design
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 10:03   #17
Fibrous

There was a thread on this from September last year - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=320050

Seems as though they weren't that significant at all, more subtle.
Though strange why they don't function if they are in fact present and if listed in spec should function....last minute delete due to chip shortage? Maybe.
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 10:13   #18
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibrous View Post
Seems as though they weren't that significant at all, more subtle.
They are quite subtle and you could easily live without them. If anyone is expecting a Mercedes style neon dancehall, they'd be sorely disappointed It is also just in 2 places and is just a small LED - the first in the courtesy light above the rear passengers and the second shining down from the rear view mirror. The soft lighting in the doors/facia etc are not coloured.

It's nice to have the soft glow at night I guess....it's a bit like the orange glow you used to get in BMW's shining down from above - nothing more. I tend to leave it set at blue or red all the time - green/cyan/yellow etc are just gimmicky "because they can".
Prev : MY19 S60 T5 R-Design First Edition
Prev : MY17 XC90 D5 R-Design

Last edited by soupytwister; Jan 12th, 2022 at 10:21.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 13:21   #19
Maccaboy10

Yes subtle, but I do like them and it is listed in the spec.
Has anyone checked the door leds to see if they’re rgb too? Wishful thinking.
Maccaboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 16:01   #20
TeamG
Master Member

Theatre lighting is nothing new or to boast about. My previous company car had this as standard since 1983, although a simple choice of white or red lighting.

It also had a pretty good wading depth, didn’t have an EGR valve or a dpf, did have an oil dipstick and fuel consumption comparable with my current D4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DB4BCA5E-F721-46F3-ADD0-741E05E63248.jpeg (211.6 KB, 26 views)
2008 V50 2.0D SE (sold)
TeamG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TeamG For This Useful Post: