Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Low boost pressure & engine service urgent message

Views : 2128

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 11th, 2023, 19:57   #11
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile turbo actuator

hi sampat, interesting info on the actuator, thank you..would you say the arm on the module only moves thru 90degrees , or less than?,, i dont think the actuator could go direct to the canbus as is a low voltage differential bus, so yould need a fourth wire for some dc power, i think its perhaps 12v supply and a pwm line as its input, i tried putting a dvm on the 'signal' line and it seems to show 3v then 12v when running, so perhaps its neither ! mine has garrett and hella (who i suspect make the module) seems almost identical to some ive seen for bmw's. ,, ill post some pics be interesting to know if its the same as whats on yours..(one of the wires green i think is def chassis ) and it seemed to move even though it was not bolted to the bracket, so it seems less likely it relies on the bracket for a neg battery return.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1170722.JPG (322.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1170720.JPG (217.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Thassos; Nov 11th, 2023 at 20:23. Reason: photos !
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2023, 20:27   #12
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile if only !

Simmy thanks.. i dont have vida just a heap on junk laptop and the dice box.. the laptop takes 20mins just to boot !! and doesnt have a battery either,.. ill probably have to take it to a garage to get the codes read with vida, unless someone can help me with how to install vida on another laptop..
Old Nov 11th, 2023, 21:16   #13
Simmy
Premier Member

there are quite a few tutorials on how to load vida on line and youtube im sure there must be someone in your area who can help why not try a shout out for help in a new post . loading vida is a challenge if your not a tech wizzard at the best of times .
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2023, 21:38   #14
Sampat1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassos View Post
hi sampat, interesting info on the actuator, thank you..would you say the arm on the module only moves thru 90degrees , or less than?,, i dont think the actuator could go direct to the canbus as is a low voltage differential bus, so yould need a fourth wire for some dc power, i think its perhaps 12v supply and a pwm line as its input, i tried putting a dvm on the 'signal' line and it seems to show 3v then 12v when running, so perhaps its neither ! mine has garrett and hella (who i suspect make the module) seems almost identical to some ive seen for bmw's. ,, ill post some pics be interesting to know if its the same as whats on yours..(one of the wires green i think is def chassis ) and it seemed to move even though it was not bolted to the bracket, so it seems less likely it relies on the bracket for a neg battery return.

Sorry mate yeah your right one is a pwn signal , I'll send you over the pin out will be easier for you
Sampat1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2023, 21:45   #15
Sampat1994

Black and red is signal ground iand should read Close to 0v with ign on and off

Yellow and black is signal pwm 0-12v both ignition on and off

Green and orange is power supply which goes to fuse 32 on the distribution box in the engine bay and also joins directly to the power supply on maf so should have continuity between them two too

Just added some more pics for help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231111_213923.jpg (266.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Sampat1994; Nov 11th, 2023 at 21:55.
Old Nov 11th, 2023, 22:11   #16
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile wire colours

hi sampat, thanks 4 that.. where did you get the info from? the wire colours on the plug seem slightly different, (see pic), maybe the pwm is a 0-12v level signal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1170736.JPG (229.8 KB, 8 views)
Old Nov 12th, 2023, 07:37   #17
Sampat1994

Should be the same order mate as the pin out on the actuators are the same, I believe it's the pwm signal that increases in voltage when you put your foot on accel.

On your cheap reader have you checked the can and analog signal on the access pedal??

Also when I unplug my boost pressure sensor the turbo full opens as a FYI

I have vida man and also what model and year is the motor ??

I hope someone helps me with mine 😔😅
Old Nov 12th, 2023, 11:16   #18
Thassos
GoldMember

Default EGR valve

morning.. its a 2006 S60 185/euro 4 engine, im just taking a look at the EGR motor area, this also only has 4 wires used out of 6 positions, you dont have the wiring info for this module by any chance? .. some pics of the motor, which connects via 2 prong pins in the cover, there doesnt seem any way to remove the motor and see if the valve shaft moves freely, i wonder if the housing has some sort of sensor to work out where the valve position is?

Not quite sure what you meant here..
On your cheap reader have you checked the can and analog signal on the access pedal?? (accelerator?) i think one of the torque parameters is load? might be worth a try..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0700.jpg (194.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0701.jpg (145.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0704.jpg (179.8 KB, 8 views)
Old Nov 12th, 2023, 13:22   #19
Sampat1994

I don't have vida ATM as I'm out but I've found the pin out will send what is is when home

Are your wires

Black brown pin 6
Green white pin 2
Green gray pin 3
Yellow pin 1

Or is there a yellow wire also

Yes there is a position sensor I believe as on my parameters there is a option for egr valve position and a % mine is always at 5% as its deleted

Yes accelerator pedal

Believe its down as acceleration pedal position and then a letter like pedal position A or C

Also I started with the torque app and found the car scanner one to be far superior

Last edited by Sampat1994; Nov 12th, 2023 at 13:35.
Old Nov 12th, 2023, 13:28   #20
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassos View Post
morning.. its a 2006 S60 185/euro 4 engine, im just taking a look at the EGR motor area, this also only has 4 wires used out of 6 positions, you dont have the wiring info for this module by any chance? .. some pics of the motor, which connects via 2 prong pins in the cover, there doesnt seem any way to remove the motor and see if the valve shaft moves freely, i wonder if the housing has some sort of sensor to work out where the valve position is?

Not quite sure what you meant here..
On your cheap reader have you checked the can and analog signal on the access pedal?? (accelerator?) i think one of the torque parameters is load? might be worth a try..
The position sensor is in the black cover , see that little plunger, make sure it presses in and out freely.

you should be able to press that motor cam in manually against a fairly heavy spring , the motor should rotate and EGR stem should go down and return freely itself ...

Tags
low boost, maf, vnt