Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Still not got it yet

Views : 4482

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 09:54   #11
milliganpaul2003
I've Been Banned

cant mind who the my sales man was but im now dealing with angus who might i add is a very nice guy. ok update after speaking to angus he told me on driday that all the problems have been fixed and the car is now working fine as it was a faulty sencer and that they are looking at today or tomorrow for me to get my car so fingers crossed and the reason why i havnt pulled out the deal is because i have tryed to fined a car with the same spec and have failed quite badly i have been down england to see one and let me tell you what a waste of time that was. so i am now just thinking that when i do get this car everything will be like new lol
milliganpaul2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:22   #12
GrantA
Master Member

Good luck Paul and I hope it is everything you wish for!!
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:25   #13
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Patience of a Saint!

I hope you get some extras out of this - don't just accept the car without something for all your hassle etc... Over a months loss of use is got to equate to at least £500 worth of something?

Free service??

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:44   #14
copperknob

milliganpaul2003,did you buy your car from taggarts deallership or somewhere else ,i find it strange that taggarts would allow this to go on and on and on esp 2nd hand car sale find this all a bit strange a garage of taggarts stature ,well known ,great service ,great people etc

please update
copperknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 16:17   #15
geo

Default service

I have to agree with copperknob my parents have had all their volvos service by Taggarts and never have had a problem.
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to geo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 19:11   #16
copperknob

Theres another happy customer using taggarts volvo
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:10   #17
copperknob

hi all any updates on this one
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 22:12   #18
milliganpaul2003
I've Been Banned

Hi people time for an a update

ok got the car today all was well untill tonight were i got a engine system requires service.. ok wile driving to day it was all fine so i took it for a long drive tonight then i got that error message on the screen but the car was fine so i pulled over and turned it off then on and notice that it was really slugish so i tryed to put the foot down and nuthing happend so left it for a cupple of hours and all was fine again but the message still stayed on the screen.

so to sum it up wile hot it struggles to get speed up but when cold it is fine and all the time it has this engine system requres service

can eny one help
milliganpaul2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 22:58   #19
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Take it back to the garage and tell them to get it sorted. If Taggarts is as good as those people above are saying they will get it sorted double quick. This is an absolute disgrace from what you've posted.

Dont worry about the car being on it's best behaviour when you take it back, there will be codes stored. Also when you do take it back tell then you are more than willing for give them this last opportunity to fix the vehicle but if you get any more problems when they give it back to you then you are going to reject the car.

If they are going to need your car to get looked at/fixed then ensure they give you a courtesy car free of charge! What have you negotiated for your trouble so far? Please don't say nothing?? If what you've posted is true then it is absolutely appauling! Is this a Selekt car or not??

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:44   #20
copperknob

hi all ,to sum it up and especially for sonyvaio you have been misled from the very start milliganpaul did not buy car from taggarts but back street garage ,they in turn tried to fix car ???and failed then it was left upto taggarts,,

now you appreciate its kinda difficult to try sort something out someone else has been there before you ,,,as you dont know what theve done or replaced or tried to have repaired ,,,
yes it must be frustrating but should have come to taggarts 1st for quality car sales and extremely great service..