Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Blower seems weak

Views : 1570

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 14:06   #11
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Simon, you are a star, I will give you a ring after Xmas and get these bits I think - much appreciated!

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 00:19   #12
OvlovS70
Still a learning member

Hello Simon,
Any idea why the multi filter is no longer avaliable? I was planning to upgrade
to this as apparently the carbon element helps with odours, diesel buses etc.
Could it still be on the market through overseas channels?

Well worth the work luxobarge, a quick job and an excuse to clean out the surrounding area, i did this very upgrade back in March. Also took out the blower motor and found small/fine pieces of grit which i disposed of at the time.
Cheers
OvlovS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OvlovS70 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 20:52   #13
Simac

Very interesting this, my blowers also seem week.

There is a sticker on the panel which covers the filter saying it was changed in 2004 ! so hopefully it will feel more powerful when I change the filter
Simac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 14:04   #14
winsox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAnt View Post
Blower on full blast only blows a little air to the screen. Seems a bit crap compared to the hurricane I've previously had on other cars. Is this some kind of fault or is this how they are. Greatful of your opinions.
Dave
I had the same issue over the past month.. I changed the filter and it was still a slight breeze.. ... today ive just took motor out and it was really stiff and wouldn't spin on its own .....!!!

Oiled it with WD and now its Far Far better than its ever been and you can now spin it round.

Only took 30 mins and well worth checking !!

Fans are 100% better !!!!!!!

Volvo 850R Estate 1996 Manual Conversion
SLK AMG 350 R172
winsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 14:57   #15
DaveAnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxobarge View Post
Simon, as it happens I don't actually have one in my car, and so as you say I need the frame and a filter element. How much would a frame and filter cost me from FRF?

I suffer badly from hayfever, so this would be a great ugrade to have!

Cheers
I just found the filter under the bonnet, passenger side. It was black with grime so it's now gone. Don't think I'll bother with a new filter as I don't get hayfever and as I use the car for my painting and decorating the car has always got dust in it! I turned the blower on the screen and it blows just like it should again.
Before I started this job I noticed that there was water trapped in the tray above the filter. Its escape tube was totally blocked. I untangled it from the rest of the gubbins that was down there, straightened it out and forced a running hosepipe down it. Took a couple of hard sharp prods and it did the job.
DaveAnt is offline   Reply With Quote