Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T6 - Wow!

Views : 6127

Replies : 63

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 18th, 2010, 22:43   #11
Tubby Doorman
Finally a Volvo owner!!

Errrm...I just had a little look at a T6 on PH out of interest and not sure I read correctly!?!? A 2.8 6cyl twin turbo...196bhp...really???
Tubby Doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 23:53   #12
laviathan

Default My poor car

You know I wish I could.

Got oil piddling out of the bottom or somewhere. Drive the car on the motorway from where I got it from the dealer, and lost nearly all the oil.

She is going into the garage tomorrow. Hope she makes it to the garage. My mate is following me.

I hope its nothing too serious. Only bought it Saturday. Strangely with 12 months MOT.
laviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 06:10   #13
gmain1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laviathan View Post
You know I wish I could.

Got oil piddling out of the bottom or somewhere. Drive the car on the motorway from where I got it from the dealer, and lost nearly all the oil.

She is going into the garage tomorrow. Hope she makes it to the garage. My mate is following me.

I hope its nothing too serious. Only bought it Saturday. Strangely with 12 months MOT.
Remember, an MOT is no guarantee as to the mechanical condition of the engine, gearbox etc. It's a basic check that the car is not a hazard to you and equally importantly, other road users.

As for dropping oil everywhere, is the car from a Volvo dealer?? Irrespective of whether it is, or it's an independent garage, I'd have alarm bells ringing right now. You said that it was stretching your wallet to the max buying it - if there is ANYTHING that you are at all suspect about, now is the time to get it checked over thoroughly.

If it were me, I'd get a breakdown of common issues from other owners on the forum, then get the AA/RAC to carry out a thorough check. Any issues, and the car gets fired back to the garage.

Hope all turns out OK for you.
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 08:02   #14
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby Doorman View Post
Errrm...I just had a little look at a T6 on PH out of interest and not sure I read correctly!?!? A 2.8 6cyl twin turbo...196bhp...really???
The phase one T6' have 272 brake and 380 NM of torque....
i suggest the figures used have been based on the LPT model...

I wonder how common the S80 L is in the uk?....
http://www.icars.sg/2008/100/volvo-s...ched-in-china/

Jod
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 08:56   #15
laviathan

Default Update

Well, Its going into the garage today. Being picked up from my drive. The dealer is an independent who has 100% feedback on ebay for other cars that they sell, as well as his own website.

I have spoken to them and the car is being looked at today for where the leak is coming from.

I fear it might be the sump. There is an area under the car that is alloy in colour and has a straight line pattern on it. When the car is hot it sounds like it is loose or something and when it is cold it did not.

Will let you all know soon.
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 11:07   #16
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by laviathan View Post
Well, Its going into the garage today. Being picked up from my drive. The dealer is an independent who has 100% feedback on ebay for other cars that they sell, as well as his own website.

I have spoken to them and the car is being looked at today for where the leak is coming from.

I fear it might be the sump. There is an area under the car that is alloy in colour and has a straight line pattern on it. When the car is hot it sounds like it is loose or something and when it is cold it did not.

Will let you all know soon.
As a matter of course i would be wanting a refund...
Running the car without any oil will certainly have caused some damage...

Jod
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 11:37   #17
laviathan

Well,

It was on the minimum when I checked it so it should be OK.

Getting picked up by a local garage, so will know more soon.
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 12:21   #18
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

If it is puffing out oil from the dipstick this may well indicate the indeed you have a crankcase ventilation problem...
The rear main seal will, if this is the case is the likely source of your drip...

Jod
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 13:29   #19
st5ve
S60 R

You get alot of car for your money with a T6, a sudden lose of oil can have serious impact on the loglivity of the engine, best have it all checked out.
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 13:46   #20
laviathan

How much will it be for a PCV and rear seal to be replaced? Anyone know?

Oil wise - think we got it in time as the oil light did not come on. The oil was on the minimum mark when I whacked a load of fresh oil in it.

And I did not rag it as soon as I got it - Getting used to the speed!