Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Zephyrus or

Views : 1909

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2014, 16:43   #11
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
Yes forgot you had the XC60 GTi.

Think I'll paint mine yellow....then its the XC60 Enzo.
Rebel Blue: it's the new green, surely :-)

BTW, that photoshop thing.....how do we know you didn't photoshopt the blistering and kerb marks out, Londor ?!! & out of curiosity, what sort of miles are on those?

Old May 15th, 2014, 17:40   #12
londor

I photoshopped the background because it makes the car stand out. That's all.

The car had around 20K miles when those pictures were taken. It's rare to kerb the 18" alloys because the tyre wall is taller than most kerbs. No blistering problems either. As I said after a good wash they still look as brand new.
londor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 21:15   #13
XCeed

I have done 18000 miles in two and a half years on my Zs and they still look like new. Very easy to keep clean and kerbing never seems likely with the deep tyres, mine now shod with Michelin Diamaris (hope I'm not tempting fate!)...
Old May 17th, 2014, 07:40   #14
Milty

I've just ordered the same combo (well, hopefully but that's another story).

On the wheels life, the wife had a new Nissan Qumqat about 3 weeks ago. Sealed the rims with Autoglym wheel sealer. Gets good reviews and seems pretty easy to apply. Washed it a couple of times since and the dust comes off well. It's basically a wax sealer. Might help keep them pristine for longer.
Milty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milty For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2014, 09:17   #15
MikeIOW
Premier Member

We eagerly await your other story ;-)

& BTW: what's with all these low miles? .....18K, 20K after 2-2.5 years: is that because you are all too busy admiring the XC to be in it driving?

I generally cover about 18K each year (although do try to cut down....it was 20-25 a few years back)...but I do have an daft tendency to washing the wheels between main washes (always think clean wheels look like a clean car, even if you didn't have time to do the rest!!)
Cheers all!
Old May 17th, 2014, 13:21   #16
Waggatron

Some good looking wheels in this thread!!

Perhaps I was just unlucky with those Mondeo wheels or quality/durability has improved over the last eight years.

Still going to stick with the Pans though :0)
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 17:28   #17
conp

Ice White with Zephyrus was my choice!

Although I own the car only a few weeks, I think the choice was the right one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6072.jpg (306.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6074-Edit.jpg (311.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6078-Edit.jpg (310.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6029.jpg (291.7 KB, 42 views)
conp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conp For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2014, 19:00   #18
Waggatron

I'm feeling left out ;0)

Anyone got some nice pics of white XC60 with Pans on?
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:56   #19
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by conp View Post
Ice White with Zephyrus was my choice!

Although I own the car only a few weeks, I think the choice was the right one.
What made you choose the SE version rather than the SE LUX? (or equivalent model designation where you live)

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:42   #20
conp

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
What made you choose the SE version rather than the SE LUX? (or equivalent model designation where you live)

Regards
I live in Cyprus and the versions are different than in the UK. Here, we only have one choice, the standard version or the R-design. I am not sure whether the standard is the same exactly as the SE but I think there are some differences. What are the standard equipment in the SE vs the SE Lux in the UK? Here, for example you start with the "standard" which comes in the 8-speed auto gearbox and then you add one-by-one the extras you like, e.g active xenon, 18" wheels, metallic paint etc.

Edit
Checked the differences of the SE vs SE lux in the UK.
Here, the standard is the SE plus the rear cupholders armrest. However, one has the opportunity to add as extras the leather upholstery, the memory seat as well as the rims. Actually, I have added these among other. The only item I could not add (and felt a little disappointed was the digital instrument display)

Last edited by conp; May 20th, 2014 at 06:57. Reason: Found out SE vs SE Lux differences
conp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conp For This Useful Post: