Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Millstone motors in weymouth

Views : 13420

Replies : 116

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 14th, 2016, 19:09   #11
mike rice

Default phone call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxyfreeze View Post
My Volvo is surposed to be delivered on Tuesday ,James the salesman should be on the stage with his unlimited mileage one year warranty and full money back guarantee and the cheapest delivery service ever heard of in the country.
I assume the directors are fictional or are genuine people not aware that there details have been used but the architect director is based at the same offices as the car company.they do not have a consumer credit licence in any of the company or directors names or even there M Y.B-z-r who likes the cash to be transferred to his Barclays account of paid in over a counter.
More details available of other persons trying to track them down contact me and I will put anyone in touch
Been on phone to the relevant police department, waiting for call back
mike rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 21:36   #12
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Was that the black XC70 that was on eBay for £6000 the other week? I rang to arrange a visit but was told they'd already received payment for it. It was about £3000 under what I'd expect to have to pay for that age of vehicle.
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 21:42   #13
mike rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Jones View Post
Was that the black XC70 that was on eBay for £6000 the other week? I rang to arrange a visit but was told they'd already received payment for it. It was about £3000 under what I'd expect to have to pay for that age of vehicle.
Yes mate,
Old May 14th, 2016, 21:46   #14
volvoid
Monster Raving Loony

They had a dozen cars for sale, all very aspirational in their way, many way to cheap. Too good to be true.
My guess is that wherever this chap lives its not Weymouth, and his phone has gone in the bin. Bank transfers are easily traced though.
Old May 14th, 2016, 21:47   #15
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Did you / your father see the car beforehand? The address on the advert didn't look like a car lot when I checked it out on streetview.
Old May 14th, 2016, 22:05   #16
mike rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Jones View Post
Did you / your father see the car beforehand? The address on the advert didn't look like a car lot when I checked it out on streetview.
No mate, just saw the ad on eBay, paid by bank transfer Monday, should of been delivered today
Old May 14th, 2016, 22:15   #17
volvoid
Monster Raving Loony

Theres one born every minute.

Arthur Daley said
Nice little earner
At that price, it's a steal.
Your modern entrepreneur is constantly gazing into the crystal ball of opportunity.
You are unlikely to find washable plastic being offered for sale in the Clapham Auction Rooms.
make mine a large VAT

Last edited by volvoid; May 14th, 2016 at 22:18.
volvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvoid For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2016, 22:37   #18
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Hope you get youre cash back it's worth getting a car more local to you and from a trusted dealer or independent. Even the name sounds a bit iffy millstone. Millstone round youre neck or his neck when you get a hold of him lol

Last edited by kieran40; May 14th, 2016 at 22:43.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 22:40   #19
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rice View Post
No mate, just saw the ad on eBay, paid by bank transfer Monday, should of been delivered today
Unfortunately buying a car unseen is quite a risky business, especially when the price is well below what you'd expect to pay for it. I've only done it once on eBay and that was with a garage in Reading that very clearly stated in the listing that the sucessful bidder could cancel the transaction once the car had been viewed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon Jones For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2016, 22:48   #20
bob12
bob12

It's a VERY sad tale, and unfortunately all to often common in today's world. Unfortunately the perpetrators don't often get their just dues nor do the victims get recompense.

Not knowing the full detail's and whilst I have great sympathy; I just don't understand why people still get conned into this kind of totally stupid thing. There is just so much publicity and warning about fraud of this nature.

Last edited by bob12; May 14th, 2016 at 22:51.
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post: