Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 for sale .£1,550.00

Views : 2421

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2010, 15:13   #11
Mike1967
Premier Member

Justin .... it seems that many people wont part with four figured numbers to buy a 240 . In peoples eyes ... over one hundred thousand miles would be worth a three figured sum . But as you and others know , if the car has been well maintained .... paying a high price isnt an issue , as the 240 and other older rwd Volvos are capable of many many more miles .
I am still looking for one myself ... but so far nothing has given me the so called wow factor .
Luck with the sale .
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 16:01   #12
RF82
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer rhys View Post
hi to all ,
After over 22 years of buying and selling volvo ,i have come to the conclusion the iconic 240/260 is the hardest volvo to sell.....
is it just that they appeal to a few die hard fans..
having sold quite a few 240s/260s every one has either lost me money or broken even ..so what do i do when it come to the FANTASTIC 240/260 do i let then die and end up in the crusher,WHAT DO I DO ........?

A VERY SAD SPENCER RHYS......
It`s interesting to hear you say this. I been in the motor trade for 10 years (i`m 28 now, so just about all of my working life). I`ve been a fan of Volvos, and an owner of various models for about 5 years now, but have only started to trade in them for about 18 months now. This is done on more of a part time basis, and mainly due to the fact I like to own and drive them myself! Anyway, my point is I always seem to do well with a good old 240. I seem to get plently of interest in them, and always seem to sell for a fair price where I feel the buyer has a good deal, and I`m happy with the price too. (apart from the 1983 244 DL auto I have at the minute!) Infact, I purposfully search for 240`s to sell over any other Volvo! Strange how things can differ son much from person to person!

Anyway, good luck with the sale and I hope you get the price you`re after and the car gets a new home. As an after thought, let me know if you`d be interested in trading and Volvos or Saabs you come across and don`t want yourself. I travel all over the UK picking cars up, so can drop in within a couple of days notice.

Rob
RF82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 19:05   #13
spencer rhys
Trader

Hi rob,
thanks for your coments ,give me a call ,
happy to deal both my 240s and any others i get.......
01873 881111.
Regards justin
spencer rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 20:16   #14
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi Justin I really like your car,you obviously know how to bring them back to thier true Glory,Maybe and this is purely a guess!Those looking to buy a 240 now want one not as an expensive classic but as an experience rather than the boring everyday plastic cars we see today,I'm struggling to get my point across but give it a few years more and they will be true classics.I think your price is just about right even though I haven't seen the car myself.The autobox coupled with the 2.0L would put some off and only appeal to a smaller section.The GLT's always seem to fetch good money as they are regarded as special!Low mileage always sells.
I really hope someone buys this as it really deserves to be saved.I have had three 240 estates over the years and still have four at the moment!ok only two are for the road but I also have a 940 for spares and a 740 which is now going to help take the strain pulling my caravan as the 240 is a 2.0L auto.
Maybe we all just have to many.(never)
Good luck Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 20:29   #15
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
hi to all ,
After over 22 years of buying and selling volvo ,i have come to the conclusion the iconic 240/260 is the hardest volvo to sell.....
is it just that they appeal to a few die hard fans..
having sold quite a few 240s/260s every one has either lost me money or broken even ..so what do i do when it come to the FANTASTIC 240/260 do i let then die and end up in the crusher,WHAT DO I DO ........?

A VERY SAD SPENCER RHYS......
Speaking from personal experience, I'd say the 144 is harder to sell; point 1, its not an Amazon; point 2, just like the early 244s it is made from self-dissolving metal - just add water and watch it disappear! I have been keeping a jaundiced eye on the market of late, Spencer Rhys, and I have to say I feel the 240 is creeping up in price while the 144 is holding steady, if not fading just a tad.

Good luck with the sales, and don't lose heart, you're doing the right thing.

C.A.
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 20:30   #16
Mike1967
Premier Member

Hi Brian ...

Im really struggling to find a good GLT nowadays . The ones I have seen so far have megga miles ... saggy seats etc ..... and generally rot boxes . Still on the look out though .... maybe something will come up soon , and that they dont want silly money for it .
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike1967 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 20:55   #17
minesa240x3
loyalty

I wish you luck mate but you are after the best!Maybe look for one thats sound etc but needs a good polish,And I'm not being sarcastic.You could sort out the odd bit of trim and the odd blemish.Or trashy interior as in grubby roof lining or has had a dog kenneled in the back like my white 240SE.Just glad the previous owner put the rear seat down.As for the headlining,,,,Don't go there
Wishing you well Brian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg white volvo 014resize.jpg (325.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg white volvo 027resized.jpg (243.7 KB, 5 views)
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 21:06   #18
Mike1967
Premier Member

Yes you are right Brian ... problem is the ones I have seen really dont do anything for me . Im not saying the cars the Justin ( spencer ) is selling are bad cars ... far from it , but they just dont do it for me ( whateve the "IT" is ) .

The older members on here will know what my older Volvos where like ....
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike1967 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 08:46   #19
spencer rhys
Trader

Default Volvo 240 for sale

Volvo 240 is now on e-bay at £1,400.00,
someone must want it now ,how could you not......
Regards
sr
spencer rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 12:12   #20
Paul240480
Ovlovnut

Quote:
Volvo 240 is now on e-bay at £1,400.00,
someone must want it now ,how could you not......
Regards
sr
It is really really nice. Same model as mine, tho' mine is manual. Good luck

@Stiggy, you should have kept the Tors...................... and the silver LPG'd jobby...................................... and 'BAY'............................................. ...................
http://moncopainmonchien.jimdo.com/
Paul240480 is offline   Reply With Quote