Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking. 1988 Volvo 240 saloon.All parts Available.

Views : 5353

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2010, 20:20   #11
minty
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyJim View Post
Fantastic. Can you give me a price please plus postage to Fife. Did you manage to get the spring mount clips off? When I'm on, what about the rear lights cluster, passenger side? If it's available, what would you want for it? Oh, and how would you like paid? Let us know. Thanks again.
Hi Jim, if you want to call or text me on 07856270203(anytime of day) we can agree a price.
Both light clusters are available and are in great condition.
Kind regards Minty
minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 22:49   #12
bugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooble View Post
Dibs on the eggcrate grill, pending more info. What model does it come from and how's the fit?
Hi Wooble ,
I have just bought an egg - crate grille just like this one . Mine comes off a 1984 244 GL ( I was told ) . I intend to fit it to my 1993 240 . It will go straight on my later car , but it fits ' flush ' with the headlamps . So combined with the raised middle of the later 240 bonnet , its no gonna look quite right . I aim to adapt it slightly , to bring it forward about 10 - 15 mm and sit level with the outer edge of my bonnet . This will no doubt involve some glue , tie-wraps and bits cut off my cars original grille ! But hey - it does give a sportier appearance - The egg-crate design is a volvo classic
Good luck in you search . . . . .
bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 12:34   #13
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi Minty sorry to hear you are having to break this!I only just wrote a post on your for sale post urging someone to buy it whole'Ah well another lovely example bites the dust.
Good luck to you on selling all the bits.

Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 22:02   #14
minty
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
Hi Minty sorry to hear you are having to break this!I only just wrote a post on your for sale post urging someone to buy it whole'Ah well another lovely example bites the dust.
Good luck to you on selling all the bits.

Regards Brian.
Yeah Brian i am a bit gutted myself.
Thanks for the good luck, Minty
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 14:33   #15
minty
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyJim View Post
Have you got the rear chrome bumper trims? They are the "L" shaped ones that sit just above the rear bumper. Could also use the mounting clips if they come off clean.
Hi Jim, i spoke to a lovley lady regards the trim and lights.......however like a prat i cant remember which side light unit she asked for. Would appreciate if you could let me know, Thanks Minty
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 18:20   #16
wilmot

Headlights? n/side and offside. If you could give me an idea of price, that would be great.
wilmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 19:14   #17
minty
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmot View Post
Headlights? n/side and offside. If you could give me an idea of price, that would be great.
Hi Wilmot, both are available and in great condition. I suppose £20 each plus postage would be a fair price, Thanks Minty
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 21:40   #18
Downton

Default Interior?

Hi Minty,is it a blue interior and the later plain velour type? Just thinking of maybe updating the earlier ones in the auto barge...What sort of money you looking at and any pics or info on condition..Cheers ..Wilf
Downton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 21:47   #19
minty
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downton View Post
Hi Minty,is it a blue interior and the later plain velour type? Just thinking of maybe updating the earlier ones in the auto barge...What sort of money you looking at and any pics or info on condition..Cheers ..Wilf
Hi WIlf, it is the blue velour interior yes. Condition is very good indeed. I would think £40 would cover it, collection obviously but im not too far from stoke.
I can send pics if needed, Thanks Minty
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 14:33   #20
Downton

Default Sounds good!

Thanks Minty,collection not a problem and it sounds like a viable option...Seats are quite good in Gladys but drivers one just showing signs of age (and earlier pattern material type)and this may be the answer (also upgrade things a little!).Unfortunately unable to make this weekend as putting a patch on the old girls inner rear arch and doing a couple of other jobs but should be able to make next weekend if thats any good for you? So if you can stick my name on the seats please that would be great! Cheers Wilf..
Downton is offline   Reply With Quote