Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New dealers north west

Views : 4219

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 4th, 2009, 23:51   #11
bovril

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtonc79 View Post
Well i've not personally used them yet but i've already heard bad things about them!!

Think i'll stick with P V Dobson in Kendal as at least they know what they're doing and give great customer service.

Would be keen to know off anyone though they're experiences with Doves in Preston.

Cheers

Chris
found out about doves when ringing around for prices on my 12 month service, can't remember the exact price quoted (i think nearly 300 comes to mind) went to pv dobson paid £197 inc vat.... very happy. i would recommend pv dobson for servicing
bovril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 10:55   #12
southportvolvo
Trader

Post Volvo Preston

Volvo have opened up a branch in Preston on the Riversway as part of a "multi-franchise" with FIAT. Do they have any trained Volvo technicians or Master Technicians? Not that i know of.
southportvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 23:12   #13
jrrose

Default Doves Blackburn

My V70 is booked in tomorrow for its first Service so I will let you know how it goes. They are collecting my car from work so i won't be in the showroom and they have changed the pick up time twice so far!
jrrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 20:50   #14
jrrose

Angry V70 first Service

Well it went into Doves Blackburn for its first service with a couple of minor niggles. For the niggles I was told to take it back to where I bought it from in Doncaster. They then forgot to reset the computer so I still have the due service message lit and they managed to stamp the service book in the C30 page which took me ages to find. Bearing in mind that they delivered it back to me the volvo driver must have clearly seen that the message was still on when they turned on the ignition - lazy. Bottom line I have to take it back tomorrow to get it all sorted but doesn't fill me with confidence if they get the basics wrong and to top it all the receptionist told me that she has had loads of complaints like this already!!!. First impressions count and it won't be going back there. Service cost was £300 inc VAT assume this is right but who knows.
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 15:08   #15
PAZ3154
Glad to be back

£300 for a first service?!!! hells bells!
should have been half that price
PAZ3154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 17:41   #16
jrrose

I have posted the breakdown of the service cost on the "First Service" thread. Let me know if you smell a rat!

Cheers
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:06   #17
grass hopper
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southportvolvo View Post
Volvo have opened up a branch in Preston on the Riversway as part of a "multi-franchise" with FIAT. Do they have any trained Volvo technicians or Master Technicians? Not that i know of.
has this specalist enquired about another authorised volvo dealer,not that i now off,should not be making accusations/guesses like this,have they something to be concerned about ?
grass hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 22:17   #18
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrose View Post
Well it went into Doves Blackburn for its first service with a couple of minor niggles. For the niggles I was told to take it back to where I bought it from in Doncaster. They then forgot to reset the computer so I still have the due service message lit and they managed to stamp the service book in the C30 page which took me ages to find. Bearing in mind that they delivered it back to me the volvo driver must have clearly seen that the message was still on when they turned on the ignition - lazy. Bottom line I have to take it back tomorrow to get it all sorted but doesn't fill me with confidence if they get the basics wrong and to top it all the receptionist told me that she has had loads of complaints like this already!!!. First impressions count and it won't be going back there. Service cost was £300 inc VAT assume this is right but who knows.

If you want to see how Doves treat customers then have a look at my faulty Volvos thread in the General motoring section.

In regard to being told to take the car back to where it was bought for warranty work then they should practice what they preach!! Theyve dumped all the repairs and hassles with my xc on the Aberdeen dealer.
Old May 6th, 2009, 00:28   #19
grass hopper
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
If you want to see how Doves treat customers then have a look at my faulty Volvos thread in the General motoring section.

In regard to being told to take the car back to where it was bought for warranty work then they should practice what they preach!! Theyve dumped all the repairs and hassles with my xc on the Aberdeen dealer.
if the repairs are under warranty then they should repair ! what was the faults they would not look at and why ? ps i dont work for Doves or any other dealer or for volvo.
grass hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 16:32   #20
Doves Blackburn

Hello Everyone

I ‘m the Manager at Doves Blackburn and we are indeed part of the Doves Volvo group www.DovesVolvo.com

We have been invited by Volvo to represent the brand in the North West because of the excellent customer service we have achieved in our Southern Doves dealerships. We aim to replicate this great service in our North West dealerships and we are keen to work with the Volvo Community.

I would like to Invite and welcome anyone to a personal tour of the new Doves dealerships, please contact me directly if you would like to arrange a visit.

Please contact me on GM@blackburnmotorpark.com
Doves Blackburn is offline   Reply With Quote