Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just had a scrape with a Fiat!

Views : 1325

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2007, 17:16   #11
Hezi
VOC Member

Exclamation

Hi Carmen

Glad everyones ok, Pitty you didn't drive over the top of the illegitimate little snots. Make sure you report it and mention them refusing to give details, to cover you against them just in case.

take care

steve
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 17:18   #12
knackernuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70 driver View Post
I doubt seriously whether they would wonder in to the local constabulary to say Carmen drove in to them, as they obviously wanted to leave as quickly as possible because they were not insured, MoT'd or probably taxed. Judging by the other comments theat one passenger is known through the media is expnanatory enough.
I would get the l;aw involved, even if it is over a £3 mirror glass, next time these idiots are out and about it could be worse, far worse. Get them off the road now.
V70 driver
I wasn't suggesting they would, the point I was trying to make is quite simply report it to save any repercussions.
knackernuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 17:19   #13
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Report the incident to the police.
Although you don't know the name of the driver, you know a passenger (the police probably know their name judging by your comment!).
You can give a good description of the car and can have the registration number soon.

The fact that the driver has refused to furnish you with his details, has driven off without giving said details and is likely in a car with no tax, insurance or MOT, the driver has committed more offences.

As you have been unable to exchange details, you (and the other driver) are required to report the incident to your local police.
If you don't and the police do find out, then they could, should they want to, prosecute you.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 17:29   #14
s60ben
Master Member

Knowing someone who'd been in the same situation, the first and immediate step is to report it to the police. If you dont and the OWNER of the other vehicle does... it could be you ending up with the points.....

You don't even know if it was their car!.... ....

Go to see plod... and report it... they clearly failed to exchange and as V70driver says... it smacks of a fail to stop and exchange details required by law.

Good Luck.

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 17:52   #15
Letyian

Thanks guys

I've just come back from Stourbridge Nick. The officer on the front desk was really nice. When I explained what happened and he asked if there were any hints as to the identity, I named the passenger and he burst into raucous laughter. His words were "Aaah, dont worry love, car's probably nicked, dont have a license, car will be burnt out by morning!"

I filled in all the forms, he said to take them home and bring them back tomorrow ("saves wasting time here, and you can drive back tomorrow when you've replaced the glass"). He did think it was quite funny that my car just has a smashed mirror in comparison to theirs!

I did the right thing, now I hope they get nicked and taken off the road. Next time it might not be a tank they drive into, and they might do some damage.

Carmen

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.
Letyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 18:10   #16
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

See, told you so...
God that you "did the right thing" as the police have now some more ammo to use against such deliquents...

And yo uare right that someone else is lucky that they hit you.
Could have been a couple of kits playing, on bike or a parent and child with a pushchair etc... Better they have a wrecked car than someone lose their life to ar5eholes such as this.
/rant mode
The perfect reason there should be more real police on the roads and not cameras...
/rant off

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 18:26   #17
Letyian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

See, told you so...
God that you "did the right thing" as the police have now some more ammo to use against such deliquents...

And yo uare right that someone else is lucky that they hit you.
Could have been a couple of kits playing, on bike or a parent and child with a pushchair etc... Better they have a wrecked car than someone lose their life to ar5eholes such as this.
/rant mode
The perfect reason there should be more real police on the roads and not cameras...
/rant off

Des. . .
I agree totally. Most of the kids in this street tend to play on the road. I shudder to think what could have happened. And once again, feel incredibly relieved that I insist that my boys play in the back garden, away from idiots like these.

Carmen

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.
Letyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 19:14   #18
mick2404

Just so that you know wether they were or weren't insured :

http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

Get thier registration and you can check
mick2404 is offline   Reply With Quote