Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 with T5 Engine

Views : 1757

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 7th, 2019, 15:21   #11
redbuta

Another interesting discussion.

I almost always leave it in "comfort" mode.

Tried "Eco" once, cannot understand the dash and didn't see great improvements, hence back to comfort... Maybe I should give it another chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggerv70 View Post
Had our MY2020 XC90 T5 R Design a month now - 980 miles mixed driving with 2 x 100 mile round motorway trips - averaging 27mpg overall. So far so good and we feel compares well with our 3 previous MK1 XC90 D5 s & Mercedes 250 GLE. Agree with comments about responsiveness - taking it easy and leaving it in mainly eco mode at the moment.
Old Sep 7th, 2019, 16:49   #12
driver99

If fuel was out the question, it might come down just to that 'which is nicer to drive' factor which I guess is always personal. The B5 is a good £40 more a month on finance quotes and loses £2k more depreciation over 4 years. So it's a question of whether it's worth the extra to get a different driving style! Maybe it just comes down to how much one prefers that crystal gear knob!
driver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2019, 09:58   #13
driver99

One other thought if anyone knows, does the B5 lose any boot space over the D5/T5 due to the 48v system?
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 11:23   #14
familymangreg
Premier Member

In case it is of interest while doing a deal on a new T5/B5, I've just had an email from DriveTheDeal, they currently have the following offer on a B5:

Volvo XC90 2.0 B5 [235] Momentum 5dr AWD Geartronic * £43,839 Save 18%

* These quotes are dependant upon you taking out finance with the manufacturer's finance company. Full details available on our website. Subject to status.

There email offers select a few examples from all brands, so you'll probably find the same discount available on other specifications by pricing it up on their website.

:wq
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 13:13   #15
driver99

I spoke to Drivethedeal and they came within a few hundred pounds of the quote I had elsewhere. When I explored it, the higher discount on the B5 is dependent upon finding a stock vehicle in September.

Just a warning about Drivethedeal: when they provided a finance quote it had the exact same deposit/price/APR and they managed to come out with a monthly figure that was way above Volvo dealers - the calculator tool they have access to is either broken or they are using it wrong. They were quite arrogant about it, so I would exercise extreme caution using them now. I've bought from them in the past and they were fine, but not now!
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 15:52   #16
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver99 View Post
I spoke to Drivethedeal and they came within a few hundred pounds of the quote I had elsewhere. When I explored it, the higher discount on the B5 is dependent upon finding a stock vehicle in September.

Just a warning about Drivethedeal: when they provided a finance quote it had the exact same deposit/price/APR and they managed to come out with a monthly figure that was way above Volvo dealers - the calculator tool they have access to is either broken or they are using it wrong. They were quite arrogant about it, so I would exercise extreme caution using them now. I've bought from them in the past and they were fine, but not now!
I can understand that. To be honest, I thought once you'd paid a small admin fee to DTD for finding the deal, they just put you in contact with the dealership who was offering the deal. But that's probably just my miss-understanding. I've never brought through DTD, but found them a good starting point and useful for negotiating a deal!

:wq