Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

how does the TV work

Views : 54430

Replies : 216

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 18:13   #171
dealy

Hey excellent work with the freeview i am having touble connecting the aerial leads how did you manage to get the huge lead to the tiny lead is it a matter of getting the center wire to join the center wire and the outer wire to join the outer wire cheers for your help
dealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 20:53   #172
Gazzza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealy View Post
how did you manage to get the huge lead to the tiny lead
lost me on that one a picture paints a 1000's words but all the info is in this trread if you just look but here is a drawing

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 17:32   #173
dealy

Aaaaand freeview thankyou very much dude. did the 2nd aerial make a huge difference
dealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 09:28   #174
Gazzza

oh Yes. . . . .
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 22:31   #175
J2HNV

Default What a fantastic source of info

Amazing, I was thinking just this afternoon "how do I get my TV to work now that its all gone digital?" and lo and behold I find all the answers are posted here! A great hour has been spent reading the history and the pro's and con's of the best way to do it.

Gazza, are you still satisfied with your solution? you have made it sound relatively straight forward and dare I say "simple" although no doubt there are a few hiccups along the way. It seems you still have the hiss, how bad is it and once you have twiddled with the fade and balance does it disappear completely and what effect does the twiddling have on the sound within the car?

Off on holiday next week but as soon as I return I will be embarking on the project - I really miss my TV!!!!

On a second point and in response to a post about iPhone connectivity... Has anyone heard of Grom Audio? They profess to have a box of tricks that allows for full connectivity and control of an iPhone with the standard Volvo audio and for sensible money to!!! Always a bonus.

http://www.carputer-shop.co.uk/ipod-...ation-kit-p-49
J2HNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 23:54   #176
Gazzza

The hissing does not bother me as you say fiddle with the fade and balance its almost gone !

All tho its some thing to look at I think its just ingress from the connections but again ill get around to looking at it soon

As for that grom unit its for an iphone or ipad ONLY and to be honest the Android system is better IMHO
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 15:18   #177
JimnyBobbins

I have saved up the pennies over the last few months and bought one of these kits from Volvo tech in Denmark.

http://www.volvotech.eu/product_info...roducts_id/195

Ok it is pricey at £300 but the kit will allow me to plug in my girlfriends Iphone and see the songs, artist etc on the radio display and able to watch films if the need ever arrose. I hope I wont be parked up long enough to ever want to watch a film though!!! Also it comes with a headphone jack that will run to the centre console to plug my phone in too and listen to my music. Obviously wont be able to change song etc on my phone whilst on the move but you can control an iphone / ipad / ipod etc from the radio controls. Also I will be able to plug in a freeview box into the box from volvo tech so I can watch freeview and hopefully listen to digital radio on the go too via the tv. Same result as the thread started with. Also I have gone for the reversing camera too which fits in the dent in the boot where the key goes on 7 seater Volvos. It is being sprayed to the colour of my car and when I go into reverse the tv screen will pop up. This should make hooking up to various trailers much easier on my own!

The box of tricks simply fits where the current tv box is in the boot. So should be near enough 1 plug out, 1 plug in plus the camera feed.

So alot of kit for the money and Bob at Volvo Tech has been fantastic at answering all my questions.

So there looks to be a cheap DIY way of getting TV thanks to Gazza and a more expensive way but the end result gives you more toys! I shall report on how easy the kit is to fit when it arrives later this week!
JimnyBobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 16:02   #178
Gazzza

Sound ok let us know how you get on and pictures please
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 17:16   #179
JimnyBobbins

I shall do. :-)
JimnyBobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 23:49   #180
John Brennand
Master Member

Quote: