Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delayed

Views : 19727

Replies : 178

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 22:20   #161
Ransman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransman View Post
Ready to collect on the 13th and the dealer told me buying a plate from the DVLA would not be a problem. Having done the transaction an email told me "up to 14 days for the paperwork". Hope it doesn't delay collection.

Anybody else bought a plate from the DVLA? How long did the paperwork take to come through?

Cheers
Bought the reg on-line on Thursday and the paperwork arrived on Monday. Still on for collection on the 13th.
Ransman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 00:07   #162
Teejay1
Master Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
How did you like the loan car Teejay? You must have done a fair mileage in it if you went up to Scotland?

We spent some time in and around the North Yorkshire Moors and Scarborough then travelled across country through Hawes and Sedburgh before stopping in Dumfries then did some touring in and around Moffatt, Selkirk Galashiels then homeward.

Think I've done about 750 so far so I may have added about 1000 miles before it goes back next week.

It's fixed the numb bum syndrome, that my wife experienced. I'm finding it very comfy but I'm getting pains in my upper back not sure if my body has adjusted to the different layout yet.

I can see why many like the geartronic but it's not for me, quite nice for wafting around but I don't like it as much in town. If they bring out the DSG gearbox then if it gives the best of both worlds I might plump for that.

The combination of the kick down and the D5 engine has been great for confidently and safely passing slowing
moving cars.

I have tested almost every option that this thing has except the city safety but will try that to see what it feels like before it goes back. I find the auto dimming rear view mirror works very well; the power hand brake works a lot better than I expected it too and got used to it pretty quickly it was very sudden and jerky on the manual we tried ages ago. The ride is rock solid too, better than expected, very sturdy in winds, the old car was very susceptible to side winds this one seems to laugh at them. PCC works great too pleased I've specced this.

Of all the things that this loaner has the SATNAV probably the main one I wished I'd specced it works very well. Only intrusive when it needs to be, the stick on the back of the steering wheel is a great idea and better I think than a touch screen where you have to reach across. Our next XC might have AWD too but not so sure I think if I had gone for awd I would have found plenty tracks to use it to its best advantage.
The sunroof has been ok but as a moon roof on a summer’s night it’s a great addition and not the hot-head device that we thought it would be, probably down to the laminated nature.

Not sure that there is anything I would change except more torque, more power and more fuel economy but we can't have everything.

It’s certainly the car that ticks all our boxes as long as its reliable I can see us getting a new one in 3-5 year’s time.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teejay1 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 09:01   #163
Daleman
Master Member

Sounds like your happy with the XC60 in general which is good. If you really wanted a sat nav I think it was your dealers group where I picked up a leaflet that they were doing a Garmin all fitted and working for a fraction of the factory fitted item.

They might do an extra special deal on a dealer fitted sat nav as that little extra you were hoping for because of your exceptionally long wait!

You could bring it up and ask the question .Use the fact that you really liked sat nav in the loan car and wish you had ordered it.

Is there any chance they could do you a special cost price deal because of your wait?

Just an idea as your 3months nearly overdue and have been very patient!!!

Last edited by Daleman; Sep 7th, 2010 at 09:16.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 14:58   #164
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
Sounds like your happy with the XC60 in general which is good. If you really wanted a sat nav I think it was your dealers group where I picked up a leaflet that they were doing a Garmin all fitted and working for a fraction of the factory fitted item.

They might do an extra special deal on a dealer fitted sat nav as that little extra you were hoping for because of your exceptionally long wait!

You could bring it up and ask the question .Use the fact that you really liked sat nav in the loan car and wish you had ordered it.

Is there any chance they could do you a special cost price deal because of your wait?

Just an idea as your 3months nearly overdue and have been very patient!!!
Hmmm its worth a try, I have mentioned that I would like something for free and was told "we'll take care of you" so not sure what that means. I might mention it, the full retail of the Garmin was £650. Their argument might be that I'm already getting a cracking deal and I have had use of an XC60 for a coupple of weeks.
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 15:34   #165
Daleman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
Hmmm its worth a try, I have mentioned that I would like something for free and was told "we'll take care of you" so not sure what that means. I might mention it, the full retail of the Garmin was £650. Their argument might be that I'm already getting a cracking deal and I have had use of an XC60 for a coupple of weeks.
Well failing the proper one they install complete in the package . Ask them for the wiring to be put in for a Garmin and for you to be left with just a simple angle piece that plugs into any Garmin poking at the back of the small tray. That cant take allot of doing for them or much expense for them which might appeal to them.

Then you can spend as much as you want on a Garmin .Actually the 205w or modern equivalent is adequate at £100 or so but you may want to spend more . Then just a bit of Velcro on the Garmin and then on the back of the tray moulding and it looks neat and works perfect. Worth a mention as a fall back from the full ski boodle if you feel they wont give you that!
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 07:29   #166
XC60KEV
Master Member

Just received email: "build complete, awaiting shipping" Not long to go now
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 09:17   #167
Chopper3
Mmm...delicious cheese...

Smile Collecting mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj5cott View Post
Just received email: "build complete, awaiting shipping" Not long to go now
Collecting mine this morning
Chopper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 10:02   #168
Teejay1
Master Member

Default Nearly there too

Mine should be at the dealer today, 7 day insurance sorted, tax sorted, luckily got to chose a semi personal reg. Collection Saturday 9am.
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 10:04   #169
Chopper3
Mmm...delicious cheese...

Default Great news

Quote:
Mine should be at the dealer today, 7 day insurance sorted, tax sorted, luckily got to chose a semi personal reg. Collection Saturday 9am.
Would have preferred a sunnier day to be honest.
Chopper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 20:31   #170
Waggatron

Quote:

It's fixed the numb bum syndrome, that my wife experienced. I'm finding it very comfy but I'm getting pains in my upper back not sure if my body has adjusted to the different layout yet.
Interesting Teejay. I had a pain in my upper back/shoulders for about three weeks after my D3 was delivered. It wasn't until we went on our two week holiday to Cornwall and I put some serious miles in that the pains faded. Guess it takes a while to get "match-fit" with a new car !!
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote