Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo C30 2.0D "Shark Performance" nightmare!

Views : 35843

Replies : 324

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 26th, 2015, 21:09   #141
Rooster
Speed freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalrafai View Post
I'm not closing this thread no matter what, Shark can obviously play the "technicality" card but at the end of the day, I drove my car away from Shark performance and it wasn't running well at all. I've told the truth and that's all that matters. Potential customers can make their own mind up.
Well why did you drive it away like that????????

Why did it take 6 weeks to take it to another garage????????
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2015, 21:31   #142
GazzR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
Well why did you drive it away like that????????

Why did it take 6 weeks to take it to another garage????????
We all know he has only joined to discredit shark and has no evidence or any case against them, yeah some say shark should give a refund but thats sharks preference and would be of good will but id say only a part refund if any at the time of removing the map, but shark have said they would reinstall the map once the fault was rectified, the OP hasn't even contacted shark and just signed up here and began to accuse shark of causing the fault.

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V
GazzR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GazzR For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 26th, 2015, 23:23   #143
iantowil

Quote:
Originally Posted by benr7310 View Post
It's a bit of both as it's essentially parts (software) and labour...
But either way if shark were local to me I wouldn't hesitate taking my car to them .

Searching them on here their reputation is very good and one bad experience down to a failed part due to fair wear and tear... and also constantly changing story won't damage that.

If I was shark I would go after op for loss of business or contact moderators to have the thread locked down
The service part is to install the new software, i.e. a new product. Actually I don't really give a sh!t either way unless its used to try and confuse the issue, and that is my take on what has gone on here.

I like the 14 day cool off period by the re-mapper you mentioned previously - be even better if it was 30 days, but obviously better than none at all. That could well have stopped all this. Many people on here seem to enjoy sticking it the OP. For me, he has my sympathies as he is way out of pocket including the cost of the what seemingly started the issues in the first place - talk about adding insult to injury. Now maybe Shark would have refunded him if he had done things better, but they have stated that is not their policy, so personally, I don't think they would have, however he had tackled this. In my opinion very poor.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 00:36   #144
benr7310
Master Member

It will just go round in circles with people having differing opinions so it needs to be locked down because there just isn't any point in this thread anymore..

I feel bad for op because something is wrong with his car, but I don't think that it is down to sharks map so I don't feel the negative publicity is called for - I think it was a part that was already worn that had been pushed outside it's comfort zone and went.. something we should expect with maps on higher milage motors. I had mine mapped at 51k and the dmf went.. £1500 job. I didn't complain to celtic because it wasn't their fault, it was a weak link in the chain and this can happen when you push engines harder than they are used to. Since this my engine has been running sweet for a further 52k miles.

Op has made his point, shark has made theirs.

Op isn't using the extensive support network on here to diagnose what could be a relatively easy fix but will rather get volvo to screw him over financially.. so what's the point in bothering. Op seems to think he will get this crazy amount of money back spent at volvo (but not even a read dealership as mentioned by someone previously?) and the remap cost back from shark but as proven by more than one legal professional, he has no case against shark however you look at it.

Ex-S40 Sport 2.0d with 180bhp & 300lbft
benr7310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 00:43   #145
GazzR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantowil View Post
The service part is to install the new software, i.e. a new product. Actually I don't really give a sh!t either way unless its used to try and confuse the issue, and that is my take on what has gone on here.

I like the 14 day cool off period by the re-mapper you mentioned previously - be even better if it was 30 days, but obviously better than none at all. That could well have stopped all this. Many people on here seem to enjoy sticking it the OP. For me, he has my sympathies as he is way out of pocket including the cost of the what seemingly started the issues in the first place - talk about adding insult to injury. Now maybe Shark would have refunded him if he had done things better, but they have stated that is not their policy, so personally, I don't think they would have, however he had tackled this. In my opinion very poor.
Nobody is sticking anything to the OP merely giving an opinion on what they think the best way of solving their issue, so if you think rather than solving their issue with the company than joining this forum and beginning to blame shark for the fault is the right way to go about things i really don't understand your way of thinking. The OP surely should have made an official complaint with shark before making this thread, i totally understand they might think the problem was caused during the remap if it happened on the way home but would you not go and see them straight away about this fault instead of then taking it to another garage weeks later after shark had advised you of the fault after a free diagnostic check and pay them to find the fault again. I think shark have more of a case against the OP for loss of business due to the OP's post's than the OP has for the fault they have no evidence shark made. I do wish the OP the best in solving the problem but joining this forum and proceeding to drag shark's name through the mud is the complete wrong way to solve this, if the OP had evidence this thread could be valid. I think the moderator's should close/ delete this thread as this is a matter that should be dealt with between the two party's privately not on a public forum. Thanks Garry

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V
GazzR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GazzR For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 08:34   #146
AndyMcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzR View Post
Nobody is sticking anything to the OP merely giving an opinion on what they think the best way of solving their issue, so if you think rather than solving their issue with the company than joining this forum and beginning to blame shark for the fault is the right way to go about things i really don't understand your way of thinking. The OP surely should have made an official complaint with shark before making this thread, i totally understand they might think the problem was caused during the remap if it happened on the way home but would you not go and see them straight away about this fault instead of then taking it to another garage weeks later after shark had advised you of the fault after a free diagnostic check and pay them to find the fault again. I think shark have more of a case against the OP for loss of business due to the OP's post's than the OP has for the fault they have no evidence shark made. I do wish the OP the best in solving the problem but joining this forum and proceeding to drag shark's name through the mud is the complete wrong way to solve this, if the OP had evidence this thread could be valid. I think the moderator's should close/ delete this thread as this is a matter that should be dealt with between the two party's privately not on a public forum. Thanks Garry

Spot on. ^^^
AndyMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyMcc For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 10:13   #147
s40futureproof

Quote:
Plus - as a customer I have every right to review my honest experience whether that be positive or negative

Yalrafi, let's explore an extract from your quote above "in my honest experience" - let's examine this, shall we...

"Honest" - have you actually been honest and upfront with members of this forum? I don't feel that you have. You are clearly avoiding questions about fuel filter and fap fluid. And also you are dreading getting into a dialogue with Shark who are trying to help you out and learn about the problem with your car and use these lessons to better their services, but you would not let them and you are not acting in the spirit of honesty and what this forum is all about- share 'honest' experiences so that we can learn from each other and make our motors more enjoyable to drive. I still feel that you have not told us everything and probably decided to thrash your car beyond its limits soon after the remap and now you are trying to get them to pay for your mistakes by bullying them with this thread.

Experience - what experience do you actually have with your car? Have you done any diy items on it like oil/filter changes, do you know what are and where are the various components that make up your engine/transmission, have you bothered buying a Haynes manual for your c30? If your answer to just one of these questions is 'no' then you have no "experience". How can you even think that Shark have broken your car if you do not know what is broken in the first place. Most members in these forums have done some sort of diy service, maintenance or modification and have offered you their experience. These members spent time reading through the many pages of this thread and replied to you offering their knowledge and support and you could not even bother replying to all of our very reasonable questions. Your tunnel vision problem with blaming Shark leaves you blinkered to the fact that Volvo are trying to rip you off. Unless this is your agenda and you are trying to bully Shark in to paying for work done by Volvo, probably because you suspect the fault with your car was caused by you and an incomplete service history. There is no way Volvo can justify not knowing what's wrong with your car to this day. If you had given your car to the members of this community I have a strong feeling that we would have figured out by now what's is likely to be wrong with it.

I don't know you as a person but your actions are unreasonable and disrespectful. Although I agree that this thread should be closed I also think that Yalrafi's car registration should remain in case he decides to sell it and potential buyer google's it. Given my impression of Yalrafi I have no doubt that he would not be upfront about this problem with a potential buyer.

Last edited by s40futureproof; Dec 27th, 2015 at 12:28.
s40futureproof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s40futureproof For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 13:18   #148
yalrafai

This is clearly not benefitting anyone anymore and has gone too far. Just out of curiosity, would anyone with diagnostic equiptment in the North-West area take a look at the car?
yalrafai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 13:32   #149
s40futureproof

Quote:
This is clearly not benefitting anyone anymore and has gone too far. Just out of curiosity, would anyone with diagnostic equiptment in the North-West area take a look at the car?
Failing that, try Volvo dealer again and this time do not let them off the hook so easily.

Last edited by s40futureproof; Dec 27th, 2015 at 13:37.
s40futureproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 13:40   #150
harveys
Master Member

Quote:
I don't think anyone would waste their time , If a main dealer can't give you a print out then no point.....
when ever I had a Vida download of my car I get a print out of codes found.