Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 Recharge Ultimate (my23) - Google Automotive is awful

Views : 15548

Replies : 153

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 27th, 2022, 19:43   #141
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma42 View Post
please feel free not to give us the benefit of your self-opiniated expertise. You guys have hijacked this thread for whatever reasons, but i started this thread to find other people who were unhappy with volvo's implementation of aaos. There are other threads for you guys bore people silly with delivery issues and / or insurance problems. This is a thread about aaos. If you have nothing useful to add about aaos, go somewhere else.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 20:14   #142
ma42

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
This is so boring .... S90, you went off the rails after the iPhone 7 compatibility / supported issue came up - you are wrong about that, and I doubt your self-anointed IT Guru tag. You don't seem to cope with being corrected. I repeat this is a thread about AAOS, and if someone disagreeing with you makes you so sensitive, go elsewhere.
ma42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 20:18   #143
S90
IT Guru

Ok, you’re the one who couldn’t get a simple USB stick to work. And given your immense experience with software, you would imagine you would have grasped how to use a spell checker.

Basically you’re annoyed because Volvo haven’t given you what you want, and now reckon you can take them on. Volvo really don’t give two ****s about you and will laugh at you.

But keep going, your stupidity is entertaining all of us.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 20:27   #144
ma42

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
Ok, you’re the one who couldn’t get a simple USB stick to work. And given your immense experience with software, you would imagine you would have grasped how to use a spell checker.

Basically you’re annoyed because Volvo haven’t given you what you want, and now reckon you can take them on. Volvo really don’t give two ****s about you and will laugh at you.

But keep going, your stupidity is entertaining all of us.
you really need to find another thread to occupy your time.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 20:32   #145
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
you really need to find another thread to occupy your time.
😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 08:46   #146
MG14

Well this is much more fun than normal!

I have to chip in and say that I’m largely in the camp of S90 and sk546. I had to leave the Facebook XC60 page because I couldn’t be doing with the AAOS whiners. Yes, I understand that if you’ve come from a Sensus car you’re going to be disappointed but if you can’t see the spiral development going on, and the fact that it’s a totally different operating system, based upon another company’s product, then go and get another make of car. As has been said, VW’s offering leaves a whole lot to be desired. I came from a RAV4 and had to give it up after a year as their system was truly awful.

My take, coming directly into Volvo without experiencing Sensus, is that it’s a really good system, getting better with each update. Yes, it lacks a lot, such as showing the sound system, or anything other than map in the centre dash display, but I trust that those additions are coming.

I also agree that a lot of it is subjective. I don’t care too much about sound quality as I’m driving in a car and all the attendant noises that come with that. (And my hearing isn’t perfect). I can also cope with having to use the central screen to select lane assist, though I’d prefer it to be on the steering wheel. Is it a safety issue? No, because I can cope with it off or on and so I can choose a safe moment to select/deselect.

In sum, I find out of all the car forums I’ve been on that Volvo users can be some of the most precious human beings on the planet. Interpret that how you will!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MG14 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 09:08   #147
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post

I have to chip in and say that I’m largely in the camp of S90 and sk546. I had to leave the Facebook XC60 page because I couldn’t be doing with the AAOS whiners. Yes, I understand that if you’ve come from a Sensus car you’re going to be disappointed but if you can’t see the spiral development going on, and the fact that it’s a totally different operating system, based upon another company’s product, then go and get another make of car. As has been said, VW’s offering leaves a whole lot to be desired. I came from a RAV4 and had to give it up after a year as their system was truly awful.

My take, coming directly into Volvo without experiencing Sensus, is that it’s a really good system, getting better with each update. Yes, it lacks a lot, such as showing the sound system, or anything other than map in the centre dash display, but I trust that those additions are coming.

I also agree that a lot of it is subjective. I don’t care too much about sound quality as I’m driving in a car and all the attendant noises that come with that. (And my hearing isn’t perfect). I can also cope with having to use the central screen to select lane assist, though I’d prefer it to be on the steering wheel. Is it a safety issue? No, because I can cope with it off or on and so I can choose a safe moment to select/deselect.

In sum, I find out of all the car forums I’ve been on that Volvo users can be some of the most precious human beings on the planet. Interpret that how you will!

Spot on!
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 09:19   #148
ma42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post

The problem is not about whether people agree with the theme of this thread, it is the tone of the responses and the attempt to silence the discussion that is the problem. You have used the word 'whiners' and that is insulting and unacceptable. I and others have every right to complain about the poor standard and lack of functionality of Volvo's AAOS implementation.

I have had 6 Volvos, 2 of them with Sensus, and yes there was an expectation of what Volvo would deliver based on my past experience.

Because sound is not an issue for you does not mean it is not an issue for anyone else. Nor having to change car dynamics from the centre screen is not a safety issue, it is.

As for your comment on Volvo owners, that's just fatuous, and aimed to insult anyone you disagree with.

Last edited by ma42; Oct 28th, 2022 at 09:34.
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 10:17   #149
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
The problem is not about whether people agree with the theme of this thread, it is the tone of the responses and the attempt to silence the discussion that is the problem. You have used the word 'whiners' and that is insulting and unacceptable. I and others have every right to complain about the poor standard and lack of functionality of Volvo's AAOS implementation.

As for your comment on Volvo owners, that's just fatuous, and aimed to insult anyone you disagree with.

You did go a bit full potato on S90 mate, his point is it is an early adopters choice where yours is it should be fully matured before it came to market, fwiw I agree with both of you seeing it from both sides of the fence but you did drop from discussion to finger waving which we all do from time to time.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 10:29   #150
ma42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
You did go a bit full potato on S90 mate, his point is it is an early adopters choice where yours is it should be fully matured before it came to market, fwiw I agree with both of you seeing it from both sides of the fence but you did drop from discussion to finger waving which we all do from time to time.
It's more the other way round in that S90 let loose a bullying response to Harrydog01 with incorrect information confusing the differences between support & compatibility. He didn't like me pointing out the differences and has targeted me from that point. I don't like bullies and will always stand up to them. S90 & sk56 are Volvo sycophants and seem to want to close any discussion down that they don't agree with.
The Following User Says Thank You to ma42 For This Useful Post:

Tags
android automotive, mobile app, usb, v60, v60 2023 phev