Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

cambelt jumped a tooth.

Views : 26903

Replies : 286

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 5th, 2010, 10:41   #121
lou

kit should be here today, come on DHL lol.
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 20:08   #122
lou

Thumbs down

well the kit came this afternoon, and im still at a holt. me was thinking if i was to have the full kit that would be it, save some money not having to buy the parts single, the main part i needed doesnt come in the kit, i need the plunger, and was told they are £75 on there own,have spoke to a few people today and they have said when they have brought a cambelt kit you get every, guess not with volvo.but must simon at rufe, great guy and fast delivery of the parts, nxt day.
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 20:13   #123
lou

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-960-S90-...item58866eb290
this is the part i needed.
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 23:49   #124
lou

right gunna go for it in the morn, get the belt kit changed, should be fun, well it will be when me dad fines out ive unbolted his vise from his garage and took it 100miles back home with me lol.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 00:00   #125
lou

ok what type size is the star head on the bolt that holds the timing belt tenstioner????? i know it needs to be torqued to 25nm .
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 00:02   #126
lou

come on ste.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 00:24   #127
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou View Post
come on ste.
I think it would be a bit tighter than that mate, it is a torx type bolt mate, cannot remember the size, have you not got a kit?
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 00:41   #128
lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr8pdo View Post
I think it would be a bit tighter than that mate, it is a torx type bolt mate, cannot remember the size, have you not got a kit?
yes m8, got the kit, the head on it looks like a star-torx type thing but you also can get a allenkey to fit as well, looking at the settings it says. timingbelt tens-bolts 25nm
..............tens pully 40nm
..............idler pully 25nm
the torx ive got here wont fit my torque wrench, half inch fitment.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 01:02   #129
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou View Post
yes m8, got the kit, the head on it looks like a star-torx type thing but you also can get a allenkey to fit as well, looking at the settings it says. timingbelt tens-bolts 25nm
..............tens pully 40nm
..............idler pully 25nm
the torx ive got here wont fit my torque wrench, half inch fitment.
You are more than welcome to borrow some tools or come over and do it round here if you want mate, nothing worse than being stranded without what you need, if an allen key fits it (properly) it shouldnt be a torx, you could probably make a smaller allen key fit a larger torx but it would slip under pressure if its not right
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 18:34   #130
lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr8pdo View Post
You are more than welcome to borrow some tools or come over and do it round here if you want mate, nothing worse than being stranded without what you need, if an allen key fits it (properly) it shouldnt be a torx, you could probably make a smaller allen key fit a larger torx but it would slip under pressure if its not right
hi ste, thanks for the kind offer m8, got it sorted, just about back together, just got the plunger to fit and fire lol, both the idle testioner was shot and the other one had play, also think the belt was streched, as now im trying to put the plunger on and you have to lift the idle tenstioner with bungee cord , but i need to lift it up more and its tight so might have to put bar under tenstioner just to lift it upetc, as b4 you could lift it by hand and fit the plunger, thats why i think the belt had streched, anyway im out of light here this end and its not one of them rush jobs so will wait till the morn now,andy.

Last edited by lou; Mar 7th, 2010 at 18:36.
lou is offline   Reply With Quote