Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 New Sensus software V3

Views : 44761

Replies : 216

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 15:53   #121
allengn

Question

My MY12 XC60 had its first service yesterday. I mentioned to the Service Clerk that I thought there might be a software update needed when I dropped the car off, but I don't know whether this was done - all menus appear to be the same as before and I don't think I have any additional screens (trip stats for example).

How can I check what version of the software my car is currently running?
allengn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 16:45   #122
jimbg
Master Member

Trip stats is the indicator for V3.0, do not believe you cab access the version number of the Sensus.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 17:32   #123
XCeed

My dealer didn't seem to be too familiar with Sensus V 3 as such but the first service Volvo download installed it anyway. Volvo are committed to providing all the software updates at services so I'd be surprised if you haven't got it. Trip statistics is the clue, accessed via Mycar button. I wish it was possible to make this a default screen for everyday driving!
Satnav input menu also simplified with a lot of crap backchat now eliminated and the whole system seems more intuitive and stable (but I could be proved wrong)!
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 14:52   #124
m2srt

This is a nice overview of v3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6W8hWHF0I

Previously, MY2013 XC60 SE LUX D5 Geartronic.
m2srt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to m2srt For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 15:40   #125
Schimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2srt View Post
This is a nice overview of v3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6W8hWHF0I
I'll probably be buying a XC60 today....they'll need to install this update before pickup. Assuming it isn't there now.
Schimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 19:47   #126
m2srt

Picking mine up at 9am tomorrow... Will check if Sensus is v3.

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 21:03   #127
Schimm

Did a second test drive today.....Sensus V3 was indeed already installed. I've got an appointment for tomorrow with the dealership finance dude to do the paperwork and I'll be driving home a XC60 platinum Volvo. Assuming the dealership doesn't pull a surprise on me. Sent them email to make sure the nav maps were updated.
Schimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 21:08   #128
m2srt

Really think the 'trip stats' is a nice touch

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 16:04   #129
allengn

Interesting...I don't believe Sensus software was updated during my recent service.

Spoke to dealer who initially said that they only update if the owner raises a fault with them and it's then done under warranty!

However he then went on to ask if I had tried loading POI's into the sat nav. Said I hadn't but was intending to once I got a conversion program to convert my existing Garmin .csv files into the format the car accepts. He then said I would probably need to have the software updated to allow me to do this and would do it whilst I waited. Said it takes around an hour (which has been confirmed by others on here). Car now book in tomorrow afternoon for update!

Lets see what happens next.
allengn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 16:21   #130
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allengn View Post
Interesting...I don't believe Sensus software was updated during my recent service.

Spoke to dealer who initially said that they only update if the owner raises a fault with them and it's then done under warranty!

However he then went on to ask if I had tried loading POI's into the sat nav. Said I hadn't but was intending to once I got a conversion program to convert my existing Garmin .csv files into the format the car accepts. He then said I would probably need to have the software updated to allow me to do this and would do it whilst I waited. Said it takes around an hour (which has been confirmed by others on here). Car now book in tomorrow afternoon for update!

Lets see what happens next.
You probably need something like this: http://www.poieditor.com/poi_convert/garmin-csv-to-gpx/

Sensus V2 works OK with POI's better V3 is better.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbg For This Useful Post: