Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo moves to agency model

Views : 17160

Replies : 140

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 7th, 2023, 12:39   #111
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
XC90 Core seats:
  • Leather-Faced Upholstery
  • Heated Front and Rear Seats
  • Power Driver Seat with Memory for Seat and Exterior Mirrors
  • Power Passenger Seat with Memory
  • Front Seat Cushion Extensions
  • Multi-directional Lumbar Suppor

Plus: No change to the seats

Ultimate:
  • Nappa Soft Leather Perforated and Ventilated Upholstery
  • Front Seat Backrest Massage and Power Side Support

Although not shown on the price list, the seats on the Ultimate can be added to a Plus (but not a Core) for £1,290.

I have the standard Momentum seats but with power extensions on both front seats. I know some people complain about the extenders but I find them really good for supporting the entire length of the leg above the knee.

I agree with Discoman about the options. I bought a Momentum and specified the things I wanted. I don't like being 'forced' into having things I don't want; eg large alloys, air suspension (a lot of added complexity for little gain) and the B&W system which I'm sure sounds fantastic but with age-related hearing loss I'm sure it wouldn't benefit me.
Nice post and it is good that you were able to get the spec you wanted as did I. I don't like the seat extenders as I feel the ridge in them when unextended (where they would remain for me) so the Momentum was great as it did not have them as standard.

It will be interesting to see if they allow options now that the chip shortage is over so people can build cheaper cars with what they want.
Old Sep 7th, 2023, 19:20   #112
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Anyone know off the top of their head if any discounts are applicable to the EX30?
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2023, 19:34   #113
MikeGMT
VOC Member

FAQ - 0% APR offer
Volvo EX90 and Volvo EX30 models are not included in this offer.
Old Oct 11th, 2023, 17:19   #114
Discoman

So how's it going so far? Well the radio and FB seem to be full of 'up to £11500 off a new Volvo' ads so I guess not that well.

The strange thing is if I changed I would want a petrol XC90 (again) and as I can't have air suspension on anything other than an Ultimate then it would be that but the offers at the moment have that car costing more than the normally more expensive plug in hybrid. It's a bit of a mess!
Old Oct 11th, 2023, 17:50   #115
MK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
So how's it going so far? Well the radio and FB seem to be full of 'up to £11500 off a new Volvo' ads so I guess not that well.

The strange thing is if I changed I would want a petrol XC90 (again) and as I can't have air suspension on anything other than an Ultimate then it would be that but the offers at the moment have that car costing more than the normally more expensive plug in hybrid. It's a bit of a mess!
Yes, I was looking to change to a petrol XC90 but the offers at the moment make a T8 Recharge cheaper than a petrol per month on PCP, so I’ve ordered one of those instead. There’s an additional £2k loyalty contribution for existing Volvo owners too. September offers also include a free service plan.
Old Oct 11th, 2023, 18:12   #116
0702gjh

I have ordered an XC60 but albeit Volvo are seeking business by offering incentives- build times are slow- told by Volvo Uk hope to deliver March 24
Old Oct 11th, 2023, 20:35   #117
Frank Bullitt
Scandanavian Flick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Anyone know off the top of their head if any discounts are applicable to the EX30?
More chance of the sun rising in the West.
Frank Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2023, 11:44   #118
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK09 View Post
Yes, I was looking to change to a petrol XC90 but the offers at the moment make a T8 Recharge cheaper than a petrol per month on PCP, so I’ve ordered one of those instead. There’s an additional £2k loyalty contribution for existing Volvo owners too. September offers also include a free service plan.
I got the e-mail today with the loyalty offer of £2k supplementing the £11.5k discount. Trouble is list prices are just silly so a big discount is still trying to hide an overpriced car. £84k down to £70.5k is still too much for me when the very nice T5 in my garage cost me £49k brand new four years ago. New prices have further to fall IMHO.
Old Oct 20th, 2023, 12:04   #119
cbarrow

Agreed. The new prices are crazy. (and probably overpriced imo, that's why they can afford to offer such big discounts).. They hope people 'think' they are getting a bargain with 11k off the car, when actually it is just bringing it back down to a more realistic full retail price.. This is one reason why I'm sticking with my old S60 for now. Not prepared to pay such silly money for a replacement
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cbarrow For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 20th, 2023, 12:12   #120
MK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
I got the e-mail today with the loyalty offer of £2k supplementing the £11.5k discount. Trouble is list prices are just silly so a big discount is still trying to hide an overpriced car. £84k down to £70.5k is still too much for me when the very nice T5 in my garage cost me £49k brand new four years ago. New prices have further to fall IMHO.
Yeah I don’t disagree with that. I guess a lot boils down to how you pay for or finance the car. My PCP ends next year and because of when I bought (late 2020, when there were excellent deals to be had, and just before the chip crisis when used car prices rocketed) I find myself in a position where there’s a lot of equity in the car. With a bit of additional upfront payment, I can keep monthly repayments to only £50 more than they are now, for a Recharge Plus, and not have to worry about warranties, servicing or lump sum payments to keep the car for another 3 years. This’ll help me focus on paying off what’s left of the mortgage, which is my priority for next year.

I guess it’s a case of horses for courses - everyone’s circumstances will be different, but the current offers were enough to tempt me.