Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

new xc90 first impression

Views : 15631

Replies : 168

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 12:58   #101
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Owner View Post
I got one of the first XC60s ever to be made. I hadn't even driven one before mine arrived. I got loads of extras for buying without seeing, which is what sold me at the time (plus I was perhaps a bit naive). It went wrong the day I collected it and suffered issues for two years. It felt like it was permanently in the dealership and I was often the first to discover issues that then got fixed at the factory for everyone else (a lot are on this forum if you go back 8 years). At one point I'd had enough and demanded the car be taken back but the dealership refused. They offered some awful buy back which would have meant me losing thousands. I got some free servicing from Volvo Uk but it was a complete nightmare, I wrote so many letters to Volvo! I hated the sight of the damn thing for ages. But after a couple of years nothing went wrong anymore and my opinion slowly changed. In the last six years nothing has gone wrong at all. It's been very reliable and we love the car now.
and you are getting a new 2nd Gen XC90.....
Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 16:10   #102
XC60Owner

Just got email from dealer, my car has started production .... how exciting :0)
Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 17:29   #103
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
and you are getting a new 2nd Gen XC90.....
Yep, XC60 has been great for the last 6 years. Am hoping that as the XC90s have been out for a year or two the main issues will be resolved.
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 17:08   #104
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
I got one of the first XC60s ever to be made. I hadn't even driven one before mine arrived. I got loads of extras for buying without seeing, which is what sold me at the time (plus I was perhaps a bit naive). It went wrong the day I collected it and suffered issues for two years. It felt like it was permanently in the dealership and I was often the first to discover issues that then got fixed at the factory for everyone else (a lot are on this forum if you go back 8 years). At one point I'd had enough and demanded the car be taken back but the dealership refused. They offered some awful buy back which would have meant me losing thousands. I got some free servicing from Volvo Uk but it was a complete nightmare, I wrote so many letters to Volvo! I hated the sight of the damn thing for ages. But after a couple of years nothing went wrong anymore and my opinion slowly changed. In the last six years nothing has gone wrong at all. It's been very reliable and we love the car now.
Yes Volvo bring their new cars out before they are fully tested and ready for sale and use their customers as a test bed, we then find the faults for them at our inconvenience and expense. By the time the models are due to be replaced they are perfect.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 17:25   #105
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Yes Volvo bring their new cars out before they are fully tested and ready for sale and use their customers as a test bed, we then find the faults for them at our inconvenience and expense. By the time the models are due to be replaced they are perfect.
I certainly don't see it that way, I don't think all issues can be found before production and Volvo clearly do test their cars.

I realise you are venting as you are disappointed with your car, as expressed on other threads. Out of curiosity, do you think the noise issue is an isolated problem with yours and a limited number of other cars or all XC90s with your spec?
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 18:32   #106
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
I certainly don't see it that way, I don't think all issues can be found before production and Volvo clearly do test their cars.

I realise you are venting as you are disappointed with your car, as expressed on other threads. Out of curiosity, do you think the noise issue is an isolated problem with yours and a limited number of other cars or all XC90s with your spec?
I drove several XC90's to see if others were the same, at volvo's request, the ones with the same wheels and suspension had the same noise level, the 19" wheels and steel springs were not as loud. Its no coincidence the thread on noise levels on 20" wheels has more views and replies than any other current thread (not my thread)
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2016, 17:14   #107
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
The new Discovery will be on my list as well, if it arrives before the new road Tax rules come in, I do not fancy paying £350 a year on top of the road tax and the first year tax will be really heavy too.
Launched today:- https://landrover.ssl.cdn.sdlmedia.com/7560.mp4
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2016, 21:12   #108
GMTRB5

I'm sure it will look better in the flesh, but I think it looks a bit awkward in this video... something about it just doesn't look right, particularly the shape of the rear....
MY17 D5 PowerPulse R Design | Bursting Blue | Nappa Soft Leather | Carbon Fibre inlays | Winter pack | Family pack | Xenium pack | BLIS cross traffic | 7 seat comfort pack | 230v socket | Heated rear seats | Apple CarPlay | Subwoofer
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2016, 21:21   #109
GJB
Premier Member

Angry

Looks like a saloon car that has been converted to an estate.
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2016, 21:22   #110
GMTRB5

Glad it's not just me then...!!
MY17 D5 PowerPulse R Design | Bursting Blue | Nappa Soft Leather | Carbon Fibre inlays | Winter pack | Family pack | Xenium pack | BLIS cross traffic | 7 seat comfort pack | 230v socket | Heated rear seats | Apple CarPlay | Subwoofer
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote