Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Petrol injectors. A Godsend or a nightmare!

Views : 106766

Replies : 418

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 00:24   #101
donal

Just fitted a set of injectors serviced by Jim.
I have already noticed more power when accelerating. I am sure that mpg will improve too - results will be posted soon.
This is a great service.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 16:08   #102
XRAY-CHARLIE-TWO

Well i duly sent my injectors off to jim for cleaning

Set of five blue injectors from a 2001 V70 Ex police car with 140k on the clock

The news that came back is not good basically they are all past their best and even after jim had worked his magic on them they did still not perform as they should one in particular is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

So i`d like to thank jim for his time and efforts he gave me a complete breakdown of the tests and findings and included pics aswell what a cracking service and well worth what little it costs i`d recommend everybody gets them cleaned as it can only be a good thing

As for me looks like i`ve got to bite the bullet and buy a complete new set of injectors ££££££ ouch which is no bad thing as atleast she should be running right ready for her remap before the planned germany trip

So once again thanks to jim

Cheers

stuart
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 16:20   #103
ivor940
Master Member

Hi Stuart, See "Brendan-s80" reply above for supplier in USA. Might be cheaper with the $ rate at present.

ivor940
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 16:26   #104
Yosser
Gizza job - I can do that

Can I just add my thanks to Jim.

I took the opportunity to remove my injectors and have them cleaned when I was replacing the PCV system over the Easter weekend.

Unfortunately that was when the site went down, but thanks to the kind members of T5D5 I was able to track Jim down.

Jim provided a very fast and efficient service, even though my injectors were some of the worst he's had to clean!!

It's still a bit early to quantify any improvements, but the car is running very well.

A bargain service at the price.

Thanks Jim.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 08:08   #105
TJMurphy
VOC Member

I had mine done as well on my last service (108,000miles) two weeks ago, on an S60. They apparently weren't too bad (Jim's description) though the flow rates on two looked to be worse than the rest. I wonder if running the car exclusively on Optimax / V-Power has helped? The O rings were badly perished though so they were worth replacing.

All in all an excellent service, seems to have cleared up my intermittent "stutter" too. I was holding off posting my impressions of the result as I've thought the stutter was gone before and it came back, but so far so good!

In fact the car is now pulling significantly harder than before the service - not sure that can be put down to injector cleaning tbh but it's a nice bonus!

Tony
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 12:35   #106
jimathan

Default Volvo Parts Price Increase

Today I rang up to re-order some more “O” rings from the same place I used before. Only to find out they have put the price up. Clearly they have seen an opportunity to “cash in” and make some more brass. The previous unit price was £0.35.
They now want (SIT DOWN) £3.85 per unit!!!!!!! The salesman told me that he had given me as much discount as he could, and he reiterated that it was a good price!
Instead of paying £22.50, they now want £192.00 for the same quantity!!
NO that’s not a mistake, I have it in writing.
Needles to say I will not be held to ransom, and I won’t be buying from them anymore. As far as I am concerned they have just shot themselves in the foot. I have found some aftermarket ones in the US that I have used in the past, and have placed an order for them. They are more expensive than the previous ones from Volvo but not as bad as the last quote. Final price will be dependent on whether or not I get hit with import duty. I still have three or for sets at the original price, and these are available on a “first come first serve” basis
Jim
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 12:53   #107
Mike B
VOC Member 4911

Default injectors

Hi Jim
Could you give me a quote for cleaning and o rings for my 89 740GLE B230E CI
She has only done 90500 but the O rings have still done the years !!
Regards
Mike B
PS any other info you require.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 12:55   #108
jimathan

Hi Mike PM sent
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 22:17   #109
jimathan

Hi everyone.
I am just about ready to order some more spares for the injector cleaning process. As most of you know these have to come from the US and it takes about three weeks for them to pass customs and arrive here.
If anyone is planning on sending their injectors for servicing in the near future could you drop me a PM in the next day or so? That way I can plan ahead and make sure I order the correct amount.
Regards Jim
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 00:05   #110
hnh5

Hi Jim,

i'll be looking to send my injectors to you soon. Could you give me an idea of cost please and any other details i need to know - my car is a 1998 S70 2.5 10v.

Cheers
Barry
Closed Thread