Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vct2000 for sale

Views : 4521

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 16:33   #21
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertbloggs View Post
2011D?? how can this be
I meant to say 2011A. 2010D was the previous and I got it mixed up. A few months does not make a difference to people with older S40s, 850 etc.

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 16:47   #22
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

as said. you are a new forum user.
1 you could have posted a picture of the VCT. and laptop
2 you could have posted a picture of the system working.
3 there is a user on this forum who has been bitten with a duff VCT which was not cheap that is now useless.
you asked for offers you still have not given any indication to what you would be happy with.
without that people will not take you serious
mike
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 16:57   #23
albertbloggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
as said. you are a new forum user.
1 you could have posted a picture of the VCT. and laptop
2 you could have posted a picture of the system working.
3 there is a user on this forum who has been bitten with a duff VCT which was not cheap that is now useless.
you asked for offers you still have not given any indication to what you would be happy with.
without that people will not take you serious
mike
I was just finding out what people would be willing to offer, if it was wanted by someone and they were willing to pay the price in mind, then I would give them further info and sell. It would be a waste of time and effort to upload pictures etc, if people are only willing to pay £50.
albertbloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 17:04   #24
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

there's your problem if its a waste of your time and effort then what do you expect. presentation goes along way to sell an item i wish you luck in your sale.
mike
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 17:11   #25
albertbloggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
there's your problem if its a waste of your time and effort then what do you expect. presentation goes along way to sell an item i wish you luck in your sale.
mike
can you blame me, I was going to upload pictures, but when people start offering between £5 and £50 for the diagnostic kit and laptop I began to wonder were they having a laugh. As a buyer, you have presented yourself as a time-waster. I was not asking for binding offers, just an idea of what someone was willing to pay.
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 17:26   #26
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Ive just sold a load of my stuff. Do what I did and put up the price you want, with Ono if you want. If you get no interest then either drop the price or stick it on eBay.

From our (the forums) point of view the vct could be anything up to 9 years old, been used and battered about a workshop during that time. You make no mention of the various cables or their condition and no spec of the laptop.

No offence intended but you've only recently joined the forum so nobody "knows" you, unless you've been to any Volvo meets?

You've clearly got a figure in mind and I would expect you want to get the best price for the stuff. In which case I'd suggest posting as much info and pics as you can as well as the price you want. Then if you get stupid offers you can respond accordingly ;-)

And FYI I might be interested in buying it but your original advert does not inspire me at all.

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 17:28   #27
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertbloggs View Post
can you blame me, I was going to upload pictures, but when people start offering between £5 and £50 for the diagnostic kit and laptop I began to wonder were they having a laugh. As a buyer, you have presented yourself as a time-waster. I was not asking for binding offers, just an idea of what someone was willing to pay.

you Still havent said any of the spex of any of it, or condition of

and as a couple asked what you wanted £ wise, and you didnt answer that

new user
unknown items
unknown condition
no extra info,
no photos
an attitude..
unknown price range

yes,, peeps will be fighting to buy from you.. folk May want it, but a wild goose chase on price/condition/spec and bidding blind,, which is what your after.....

good luck with that attitude.
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 17:31   #28
gatos
Premier Member

I am currently breaking an S40 as a summer project. WHenever people asked me, I always made the effort to go outside and take a photo. Resize it and post it. And some of these items did go for free too to a couple of people.

I make the effort because I do care and I treat people the same way I want to be treated. Anyway, there is no point debating about this. If you want, post some photos, the larger and clearer, the better and ideally a price you would be happy with.

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 17:36   #29
albertbloggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
you Still havent said any of the spex of any of it, or condition of

and as a couple asked what you wanted £ wise, and you didnt answer that

new user
unknown items
unknown condition
no extra info,
no photos
an attitude..
unknown price range

yes,, peeps will be fighting to buy from you.. folk May want it, but a wild goose chase on price/condition/spec and bidding blind,, which is what your after.....

good luck with that attitude.
I think you are the one with the problem here. I apologise if I have done anything to offend you, that was not the intention. If you wanted me to upload pictures why didn't you ask instead of berating me for not putting them up originally. See things from my point of view, just wanted to know if there were people here that were interested in buying a genuine device and not just a clone from China, which I believe many members on here prefer to use over the original Volvo tool.

Last edited by albertbloggs; Aug 2nd, 2011 at 17:46.
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 19:36   #30
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

You have had a serious offer already, but as yet havent bothered to reply.

Or is that a waiste of your time too?

if so go crawl back into your hovel
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote