Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parking heater (pre-heating car)

Views : 28999

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 19:28   #31
400-ascona
Premier Member

Or carry a few extra lbs like me, and that keeps you warm too!
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 18:39   #32
youngcantt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
Which item number was it and are there any more there?tia
The item number was 330488844706. The guy had it up for 315 euros, but with the option of putting in an offer (250 euros). I've found you need to keep an eye on them as some seem more expensive. I had one offered to me through a Swedish breakers yard for £410.
If you copy and paste the title or part of the title from the ebay item, you should find a few. Once you have the item number from the German site, open up a new tab with the UK Ebay site. Now copy and paste the German number into the serch field, this will now convert some of the German into english and give the price in £.

Hope this helps.

Chris
youngcantt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to youngcantt For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 18:52   #33
youngcantt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowleyd3 View Post
Chris,

I'd also appreciate the number (or exact title of the eBay item) please mate !!!

Is it going to be via timer or remote?

Also, are you fitting it yourself or having it done? Got any quotes?

ATB,

Darren.
Hi Darren, to search for the item on German ebay type in "Standheizung Volvo" or just "Standheizung".

The standard connection will be with a timer, then when I've got enough money, I'll probably get the remote (currently approx 400 euros!).

With the instructions I posted previously, I'll be fitting in myself, with only the reprograming being done at a garage. The instructions are very detailed and it seems very straight forward.

One word of advice would be, If you buy the heater on it's own, you'll still need to get the kit for installing it (approx. £200). This includes all the pipe work and fuel pump. You may be able to get this with the heater secondhand, but when you see how everything gets fitted, I wouln't feel confident that it has been taken out with out damage.

Hope this is helpful,

Chris
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 19:03   #34
youngcantt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
Which item number was it and are there any more there?tia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowleyd3 View Post
Chris,

I'd also appreciate the number (or exact title of the eBay item) please mate !!!

Is it going to be via timer or remote?

Also, are you fitting it yourself or having it done? Got any quotes?

ATB,

Darren.
Hello again,

I've just been on Ebay and found a couple, but they seem fairly steep, worth checking it reqularly though as others come on the market often. As I've said in previous posts I use the "Google translate" as I don't speak a word of German.

Here is the link straight to the page I normally check: http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=Stan....c0.m270.l1313

Regards
Chris
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 19:20   #35
youngcantt

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngcantt View Post
No, it doesn't need the engine running, that's the whole point of it, it warms the engine and passenger compartment before the engine is started.

I've since been told, the reason it can't be fitted to UK cars is because, where it is fitted on the car is where something to do with the emmisions for the UK is fitted. I've looked in the engine bay of mine and checked it with the haynes manual of where it should be fitted, and so far can't see anything that will be in the way. I don't know if this is age related, where possibly older cars could still have it fitted.

This maybe where fitting a non Volvo heater would be better as it can be placed in another location.
Just to add to this post, I've checked and it can be fitted to UK cars.
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 20:07   #36
rowleyd3

Cheers Chris, much appreciated !!

Darren.
rowleyd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 20:59   #37
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Thanks Chris!
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 06:49   #38
youngcantt

No problem, happy to help. Let me know how you get on. I'll probably be fitting mine early next year. Once done I'll upload some photos.