Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Repairs & Servicing in West Sussex

Views : 3041

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 28th, 2010, 12:17   #1
Jimiansville

Default Repairs & Servicing in West Sussex

Hi,

I've recently moved to Worthing in West Sussex and looking for a good reliable reasonably priced garage that I can trust to repair/service my 2005 S80. I called RJ Enginering in Hove that I found on an old thread but Robin isn't there any longer. Not sure if the garage has changed hands? Do people still recommend them or are there any alternatives?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by Jimiansville; Sep 28th, 2010 at 12:20. Reason: Additional information
Jimiansville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 16:05   #2
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

I used to use Cedar Garage in Worthing, and still do for the MOTs. They charge £48ph. I don't know whether it's the best garage in Worthing but most of my nearby garages are either fast-fit or main-dealer, and I like to use a proper garage. I've only used them on older cars like my 740 but according to their website they can service modern Volvos. The parking is a bit limited there though.
OldBlueVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 18:14   #3
Audrey Old
VOC Member

We are from Lancing, not far from Worthing, and recommend plus take a variety of Volvos to Amber Garage, Victoria Road, Southwick: tel 01273 595348.

Colin and David there grew up on early injection cars like my 164E, so know all about problems with such cars. They recently worked on a friends Volvo 123GT Amazon, maintain another section members immaculate 240, and also come recommended from yet another section member with a 940. No experience of work on newer Volvos, as we haven't got one..... but there are always newish ones in their yard for servicing when I go there.

Not too far from where the Sussex Section hold their monthly natters: come and see if we meet with your approval. The October meet is the 27th, at the Castle Hotel, Bramber as usual. We usually have our own room and normally start to arrive at about 7.30pm. Can't say I didn't miss the opportunity to try.....

Paul and Audrey
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 20:01   #4
swedenead

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimiansville View Post
Hi,

I've recently moved to Worthing in West Sussex and looking for a good reliable reasonably priced garage that I can trust to repair/service my 2005 S80. I called RJ Enginering in Hove that I found on an old thread but Robin isn't there any longer. Not sure if the garage has changed hands? Do people still recommend them or are there any alternatives?

Thanks,

Jim
Try MB Auto's in Lancing on 0797 109 5426. Mark. He is excellent and all that I have referred to him have nothing but praise. His work is 2nd to none, v.meticulous and reasonable. Worked on my XC90 and present V70 - one man band - excellent (in my opinion!).
swedenead is offline   Reply With Quote