Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Performance Optimisation for XC90 D5 with RICA E-Power

Views : 5328

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 17:51   #11
turbo-tuner
I've Been Banned

Default RICA E-Power Upgrade

Obviously Volvo are satisfied that the 205 hp and 450 Nm available with the Polestar upgrade is safe for all the vehicle components.

For those who have cars out of warranty and don't wish to venture beyond these Volvo Polestar performance figures, the RICA E-Power is an excellent alternative ECM upgrade offering equivalent performance at a great price, especially with the current promotion offered by TMS Volvo.

Last edited by turbo-tuner; Jun 23rd, 2010 at 17:54.
turbo-tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 18:54   #12
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
It is well worth checking this thread, and others on that site to get some insight from those who have already made their purchases:

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/12201-d...20#entry140515

Regards, Don.
interesting read

i am curious why you were quite happy to put down Mr Webber & him accepting the offer of dynoing a car with the RICA map to verify how accurate the claimed power is, yet you haven't offered to supply MTE software to see how far out your own claimed power is?
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 21:14   #13
turkish
I've Been Banned

Oh once again in comes Don telling everyone how his "Premium Swedish Software" is this that and the other. Yet you can only buy this "Premium" product from one UK outlet, which you cannot visit to have your car remapped and when trying to get hold of the retailer all you get is no response that many on various Volvo forums can testify too.

Why also does he point people in the Direction of IPD's website, why if he is the retailer, does he not have similar information on his website for people in the U.K to view.

Don you are a Trader, stick to selling products, stop posting just to cause conflict and please stop raming T5D5 down people's throats, it's a good forum with some good members it does not need your constant links.
turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 15:10   #14
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish View Post
Oh once again in comes Don telling everyone how his "Premium Swedish Software" is this that and the other. Yet you can only buy this "Premium" product from one UK outlet, which you cannot visit to have your car remapped and when trying to get hold of the retailer all you get is no response that many on various Volvo forums can testify too.

Why also does he point people in the Direction of IPD's website, why if he is the retailer, does he not have similar information on his website for people in the U.K to view.

Don you are a Trader, stick to selling products, stop posting just to cause conflict and please stop raming T5D5 down people's throats, it's a good forum with some good members it does not need your constant links.
Funnily enough, I thought this had stopped, not moved location....

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/12202-a...rkish-t5-andy/

I do believe thats yourself.... and thats following a period of "not promoting conflict" from yourself, where you bashed Dons products as much as possible, despite being told by many others that it would "age" and quieten... which unsurprisingly it did...

I don't believe he's posting to "promote conflict" (much the same as you weren't) and FWIW Harratts are absolutely spot on.

Also, should your car be "out of its main warranty" and it's been remapped outside the VCUK/Polestar agreement then you can also kiss goodbye to any "goodwill" from Volvo UK on failures that are outside of warranty (which can at times be somewhat substantial)

Those dealers selling RICA, are likely to be jumped upon in short measure IMHO now that Volvo are doing their own warrantied maps.

As for pointing people elsewhere, I think you'll find Don isn't particularly IT literate, so his website tends to be fairly basic - and furthermore isn't bothered by posting up the best information for people even though it may (and invariably does) hurt his own pocket.

That IMHO is an honest appraisal of the man - he's more interested in helping people out than emptying their pockets as quickly as possible - which is the exact opposite of some other businessmen I could name in the motor trade, who dissapear or go bust at the drop of a hat. Yes he can be a PITA to get hold of at times (especially via pm) , mainly when you are desperately trying to buy something - but if you ring and leave a message he'll always ring you back. Nor does he feel the need to hide his personal details, unlike many others..... And you CAN indeed visit Don, to have your car mapped, many have in the past and will do in future, me being one of the ones who did.

BTW, as you've clearly got time to be posting here - how's about a response from you at http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/12279-mte-remap-split/ - I'm nearly skeletal

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 15:31   #15
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

I don't go on T5D5 much anymore because it doesn't seem to have nearly as many members as VOC and VPC.

Plus you can't get photos on there.

I've talked to Don in the past about various things, he seems very helpful and passionate about Volvos - I guess everyone has their point of view when promoting their own products, that's their job.

Is anyone that bothered to get all het up about stuff anyway?
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 19:15   #16
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
I don't go on T5D5 much anymore because it doesn't seem to have nearly as many members as VOC and VPC.
It doesn't, but then again it hasn't been running half as long as either... but the ones it does have are very very knowledgeable about Volvos and particularly in relation to T5's and Highly tuned Performance Volvos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
Plus you can't get photos on there.
Oh yes you can, either by using photobucket or uploading them directly to the forum on a post.

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 08:47   #17
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by s60ben View Post
about Volvos and particularly in relation to T5's and Highly tuned FWD/AWD Performance Volvos.
Fixed it for you