Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 conversion Photos

Views : 1269

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 22:52   #1
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Default C70 conversion Photos

Thought some of you would like to see pictures of this C70 conversion.

Filler point mounted on the tow bar for a discreet finish with no holes in the body work.

Tank mounted in place of the spare wheel. The customer wanted maximum capacity so opted to raise the level of the floor slightly. The foam around the tank is to stop anything falling in the gap around it.

Change over switch mounted in a spare panel

Engine bay photos

classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 09:26   #2
Mike B
VOC Member 4911

Talking Lpg

[QUOTE=classicswede;645877]Thought some of you would like to see pictures of this C70 conversion.

Filler point mounted on the tow bar for a discreet finish with no holes in the body work.

Great work as usual You Fitted my filler the same just other of ball , when I fill up at some places and a person comes out to help [ as you know I live on crutches ] they say sorry I cant find filler ? and when I tell them they recon its the neatest place there. Still running brill must sort petrol soon , or well in the next year or so LOL been with out a year now .

Regards
Mike B
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 00:30   #3
carcathan

Hey, what a great car ........... ok, it's mine!

Thanks Dai for the conversion - very pleased.
The only trouble i've had so far was with a garage LPG pump hose that was too short to allow the filler gun to stay vertical - only filled up twice so far, so still learning the art of using them.

I'll try to post some pictures of the new boot floor in the next few weeks. Just deciding whether to raise it right the way across and use the spaces around the tank to conceal tools and other sundry items - or have a raised box around the lpg tank in which case i need to get another piece of grey volvo boot carpet.

Also may have a go at incorporating the LPG gauge on the dash into a Volvo switch (i must be bored) - seemed a good idea to me today, but i may decide not too as soon as i realise how much detailed work that will be!

Richard
1938 Rover 12 Sports Saloon
carcathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 10:14   #4
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

Isn't the filler a bit close to the ground ? - you must have much better roads where you live - even my tow plate on a 240 scrapes sometimes on sudden steep changes in road incline.
Clifford Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 22:07   #5
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcathan View Post
Hey, what a great car ........... ok, it's mine!

Also may have a go at incorporating the LPG gauge on the dash into a Volvo switch (i must be bored) - seemed a good idea to me today, but i may decide not too as soon as i realise how much detailed work that will be!

Richard
Sounds like a good idea if you can make it work. If you do decide to do it I'd like to see it and possibly if all goes well even do it on future conversions.
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 22:11   #6
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford Pope View Post
Isn't the filler a bit close to the ground ? - you must have much better roads where you live - even my tow plate on a 240 scrapes sometimes on sudden steep changes in road incline.
It is close to the ground and is tight for fitting on some filler guns. Clearance on teh ground regards scraping is fine, the filler actualy sits level with the tow bar and it is set back so closer to the axle.

On you 240 knowing what they are like its probably the rear springs having sagged and struggling with the extra weight of the tank causing teh back to sit to low. The sills should sit level to the road or slightly nose down.