Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1989 240 GL saloon 2.3 auto

Views : 825

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 21st, 2010, 12:24   #1
RF82
Trader

Default 1989 240 GL saloon 2.3 auto

Hi,

240 saloon for sale. Solid car, with very little surface rust on the rear arches/cills. A few scratches here and there, small dent on the roof, scuff on front bumper corner. Could do with a fuek fiklter change I think, as it sometimes surges a bit, mainly when in N or P.

On the plus side though, it comes with an MOT until March 2011, Tax until April this year and has got just over 86k on the clock. I drove it 220 miles yesterday, and it drove nicely all the way. All gauges work well, and electric windows. pretty sure the heated seats don`t work, unless they just take an age to warm up! Oh, it`s got Monroe self levelling suspension too.

I`ve taken about 15-20 photos of the car, so if anyone would like more pictures, please PM me your email address, and i`ll get them send accross.

Looking for £500

Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imported Photos 00442.jpg (272.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Imported Photos 00450.jpg (344.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Imported Photos 00445.jpg (337.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Imported Photos 00447.jpg (337.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Imported Photos 00466.jpg (306.7 KB, 42 views)
RF82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 12:54   #2
peterhancox

Do you have any service history with this car, old bills ect, how many owners has it had.
Many thanks
peterhancox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 15:12   #3
RF82
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhancox View Post
Do you have any service history with this car, old bills ect, how many owners has it had.
Many thanks
Hi,

It`s had 3 previous owners on the logbook. There isn`t a great deal with regards to old bills and a service record as such, but i`ve recently been in touch with Volvo customer services, and they have confirmed that there is a service history with the Volvo dealer network, and they are sending a screen print through to me by post. As soon as I get this i`ll update the thread. There are 4 or 5 old MOT certificates too.

I`ve also got the car booked in for the fuel filter to be replaced, so this will be done within the next week.

Thanks,

Rob
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 20:55   #4
peterhancox

Thanks for the info, could you let me know your number, if possible I would like to come and view this weekend if you are around.
Many thanks.
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 08:49   #5
RF82
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhancox View Post
Thanks for the info, could you let me know your number, if possible I would like to come and view this weekend if you are around.
Many thanks.
Hi,
That should be fine. Do you have an email address I can send you a few additional pictures to before you travel out to view? I`ve taken more detailed photos of the car, including all the negatives too.

Thsanks,

Rob
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 10:40   #6
peterhancox

That would be good, foxy360m@yahoo.com
Cheers.
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 23:43   #7
terryg

looks like its in quite good condition for the money good luck with the sale.
terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 08:03   #8
RF82
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryg View Post
looks like its in quite good condition for the money good luck with the sale.
Thanks. In all fairness, these pictures do make it look slightly better than it is! I`ve got a good few pictures I can email any potential interested parties with all the negatives shown.

On the plus side, I`ve just got a service history screen print from Volvo customer services, and it shows the car has 12 volvo services upto 1997.