Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Midlands meet

Views : 5388

Replies : 69

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 22:36   #61
T4 mikey
Troublesome trucks rule

you should always snuff the reg plates when posting photo's,sorry I couldn't make it,will try for next time.
T4 mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:20   #62
meta_volante

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4 mikey View Post
you should always snuff the reg plates when posting photo's
Why is that ? Sorry to anyone who had their reg plate shown in pics that didn't want it seen, but I did not take or edit the shown pics

'03 S40 1.9D Sport
meta_volante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:44   #63
icooney
S60 T6 R-Design P*

Cool Plates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta_volante View Post
Why is that ? Sorry to anyone who had their reg plate shown in pics that didn't want it seen, but I did not take or edit the shown pics
Car cloning!! and for track days car insurance companies can void your insurance if your 'racing' or doing 'track days'

Also the 4th is RAF Marham so I won't be at the next, although Marham is an awsome day/2days worth a go if you have never done a track day, safer than most and little chance of car damage.

Hope to see some of you there instead.

Ffinally great to meet the few!!

S60R - MTE, 3" cust ex't, ITG, Aquamist + DDS3, Evolve springs, cust 3" CAI, Greddy Infro touch, Blitz Boost guage+Cust POD, QBM Strut, EST disks, EBC Yellow, SuperBlue fluid, '08 rear light conversion-tinted, IMIV, 12" Alpine sub+Amp, Parrot MKi9200
icooney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icooney For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:45   #64
icooney
S60 T6 R-Design P*

Finally my sig has come up...

S60R - MTE, 3" cust ex't, ITG, Aquamist + DDS3, Evolve springs, cust 3" CAI, Greddy Infro touch, Blitz Boost guage+Cust POD, QBM Strut, EST disks, EBC Yellow, SuperBlue fluid, '08 rear light conversion-tinted, IMIV, 12" Alpine sub+Amp, Parrot MKi9200
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:47   #65
meta_volante

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by icooney View Post
Car cloning!!
Sorry to be pedantic, but your registration can be cloned then while you are driving down the street at anytime on any day - can it not ?

Or while viewing ... (coughs) other forums

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showpost...4&postcount=10

Plate clearly visible for all to see.

'03 S40 1.9D Sport

Last edited by meta_volante; Aug 3rd, 2009 at 14:58. Reason: added url
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 18:02   #66
meta_volante

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta_volante View Post
nice pic

regarding pics at the 'ring', are the pictures taken while you do your lap, and then offered to you for sale, or did you have someone from your party take it for you ?

'03 S40 1.9D Sport
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 18:35   #67
gixer 7

nice to meet those who where there and maybe a few more next time nice pics wont bother putting mine up very much the same
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 22:49   #68
icooney
S60 T6 R-Design P*

Default Lol....

...UM.... Yer other forums!!! we all do it!

I personally don't care about my plate in pictures, and yep my farther in law had his 'cloned' just driving down the road, hence i don't care about pictures - just giving some reasons why people don't like them shown online.

Ring pictures - yer done while you drive round - that one was a 'pro' (used loosly!!) and downloaded from his website there are literally 1000's of people who do it, you just have to find your car! also i have some from mates who did some, the pros will charge for prints (oficially unless you are 'skilled' at taking a screen shot and pasting in to a photo package )

Old Aug 5th, 2009, 10:27   #69
meta_volante

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by icooney View Post
...UM.... Yer other forums!!! we all do it!

Ring pictures - yer done while you drive round - that one was a 'pro' (used loosly!!) and downloaded from his website there are literally 1000's of people who do it, you just have to find your car! also i have some from mates who did some, the pros will charge for prints (oficially unless you are 'skilled' at taking a screen shot and pasting in to a photo package
Out of interest, I would to have seen the looks on your passengers faces when you'd completed the lap as we all know driving a car is a way different feeling to being a passenger in the same vehicle - the following springs to mind ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQFNQtOxPto

icooney i hope you were as composed as Sabine when you did your lap

'03 S40 1.9D Sport
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 10:25   #70
icooney
S60 T6 R-Design P*

Default Calm!!

I'm always a calm and collected driver... esp on track! (can't afford not to be due to damage cost if you crash - Its extortion!!)

Tags
birmingham meet, midlands meet