Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Questions

Views : 5729

Replies : 48

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2009, 17:46   #41
Nice But Dim

Agreed - Saville Grey looks great althou' not at all grey !

Have also added font sensors to my order on advice here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Owner View Post
Good choice ;-) I have Saville Grey - it is brilliant at hiding dirt by the way. Car looks clean even when it has a layer of grime on it. Much better than the dark blues and blacks I have had before that look awful when not clean.
Nice But Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 17:36   #42
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Default Update!!

Update today on mine.... car is produced and will be at the dealers on 4/6!!

First D5 in the UK with the new 205 bhp engine according to dealer.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:14   #43
XC60Monkey

Default iPod Integration

I've just ordered my XC60 with the standard stereo which comes with Aux input - can any owner advise me whether this would work with a 4th gen Ipod nano and if so will i be able to control the track selection? If not, would a stereo upgrade enable me to get the full integration. Also, where does the ipod physically plug in - i.e. would I have a cable trailing down from the centre dashh over the gear stick?

Thanks for the advice!!
XC60Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:01   #44
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Monkey View Post
I've just ordered my XC60 with the standard stereo which comes with Aux input - can any owner advise me whether this would work with a 4th gen Ipod nano and if so will i be able to control the track selection? If not, would a stereo upgrade enable me to get the full integration. Also, where does the ipod physically plug in - i.e. would I have a cable trailing down from the centre dashh over the gear stick?

Thanks for the advice!!
I think as standard you get the AUX in socket and if you want full control, ie the USB connector, you would need to have option "High Performance" that includes more speakers, more power etc etc + USB for £400. Deffo worth it in my opinion. Then you will have full integration and control + charging.

Yes, it works with Nano 4th Gen (this is what I have as well).
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:01   #45
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
Update today on mine.... car is produced and will be at the dealers on 4/6!!

First D5 in the UK with the new 205 bhp engine according to dealer.
New update.... car is here!!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:30   #46
XC60Owner

Quote:

Thanks for the advice!!
AUX in is just a headphone-type socket. You would need to buy a cable that has a headphone-type jack at either end. One end goes into the headphone socket on your iPod the other into the car. You cannot control the iPod from the car, you cannot charge the iPod from the socket. The AUX input is in the armrest so you can put your iPod in there, there is a 12V socket behind the armrest so if you have a car charger you can charge the iPod from that (FYI I have found you can actually close the armrest with a wire going into it). You can get a dealer fitted iPod adapter, see here for how they will do it http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories...turecode=en-GB you can also get a iPod cradle, see here http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories...turecode=en-GB. No idea of price for either.
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 13:29   #47
JackRussel

You can get a dealer fitted USB/ipod interface which will give you full control through the steering wheel. Cost £274.05. Extortionate !
I have the aux input in my XC90. It works fine. Just put the ipod on shuffle and away you go.
Old May 26th, 2009, 14:05   #48
XC60Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
I think as standard you get the AUX in socket and if you want full control, ie the USB connector, you would need to have option "High Performance" that includes more speakers, more power etc etc + USB for £400. Deffo worth it in my opinion. Then you will have full integration and control + charging.

Yes, it works with Nano 4th Gen (this is what I have as well).

Hey - thanks to all for the advice - I think i will just stick to the standard sound system and use the AUX connector - £400 is a lot of Ipods!!
XC60Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 14:11   #49
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Hey - thanks to all for the advice - I think i will just stick to the standard sound system and use the AUX connector - £400 is a lot of Ipods!!
Hehe.... I took the plunge and went for the Dynaudio option.... boy, do I love music!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's