Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

140/164 Series General Forum for the Volvo 140 and 164 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just Bought a 145S

Views : 1149

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 26th, 2009, 09:52   #1
Kyvinaria

Default Just Bought a 145S

Well, after a long search I finally found a 140 series Vehicle in my province (Saskatchewan, they're very rare here, this 145 is the 2nd one I've ever seen)

It's a 1972 145S. It's Red, with a darker interior. It's also got the B20B (After consulting various sources, this car seems to be one of the 1972 models that got sold in Canada with the B20B, rather than B20F that was standard in the states. Debatable on whether this is a good thing or not) and 4 Speed + Overdrive (and I'm told the overdrive actually works)

Right now I'm waiting for the bottoms of the SU's to arrive from up north (long story, basically they were removed briefly, then got accidentally moved), so I can start it up and see if she'll drive (Engine cranks easily, and transmission/clutch feel right, though we'll see when she starts)

The car is in very rough shape aesthetically. The interior is very dirty, and the seats are worn right through. The car has the usual rust, in the rear wheel arches and rear area (The spare tyre area and such, standard fare on older Volvo's it seems). The doors are a slightly rusty too. No word on the floor yet, but I'm almost certain that there are holes in it. The Car appears to be very straight.

The body is mostly complete, though it's mssing, very unfortunately, the "Volvo Sash" in the grill. The grill itself is there, but the sash is gone...
Some small things are absent too, like a couple emblems, and such. Interestingly, the Tailgate's badges say "Fuel Injection", even though the car is carbureted, though I suspect that it's a replacement tailgate that just says that.

I'm very familiar with the 240 series (have owned a couple, currently own an '86 240 DL. I've done a lot of work on them), but not very knowledgeable (firsthand) of the 140 series. Anything in particular I should be mindful of with these, aside from the usual?

Also, does anyone know the paint codes for the shade of Red used on these? I haven't been able to find it.

I'll be posting photo's when I get it into my City.
Kyvinaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 11:29   #2
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyvinaria View Post
Also, does anyone know the paint codes for the shade of Red used on these? I haven't been able to find it.
You should have a plate like this under the hood...

The paint code is line two, in this case 96 (Dark Blue).

Regards, C.A.