Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 se-lux

Views : 1464

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 20th, 2008, 17:49   #1
Mercmanuk

Default V70 se-lux

Hi new here i am trying to find out how the sat nav works Via the remote dose it have a touch screen ETC in the car and what radio/stereo is fitted as standard,

is the sat nav a 7 digit post code one, has it got voice activation etc

Also the stereo ????? which one i know it has 1 CD

I have ordered the car, but no cars at the dealers had the new navigation unit and the brochures had all gone... everything else on the car was OK apart from the battery missing LOL so they could not even try the nav, if somone could let me know where to look i have tied the Volvo web site but i must be looking in the wrong direction.

Regards mark
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:13   #2
dodgyken
Master Member

Sat-Nav is not touchscreen - thank god.

It works either by the remote - OK for passenger use - or via a directional stick and 2 buttons behind the wheel. IT WILL TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO - but then after 5 minutes you will be fine. I think it is one of the most intintuitive systems out there - better than the stupid system in the Leon I drove recently. It will take post code - 7 digit.

It is however, not without its idiosyncracies. You have to add destinations from the final point backwards - in order not to have to rearrrange the itinary. On the flip-side the menus work well. The screen is widescreen, which is good, but the borders are top and bottom, making the map section wide and short - which in my book is just wrong. The current position to destination map also won't resize dynamically (unlike VWs system) and scaling is rather limited - 100,50,25,10,5,2.5,1 km increments.

The stereo comes in 3 levels - Standard, Premium, Performance. The Performance is the daddy, with some seriously hefty dynaaudio amps and speakers. The speakers also appear to cover pretty much every surface in the car. The Premium (which I think is standard for you - and is also what I have) is a 6 speaker sufficiently amped system. It is neither outstanding nor pittiful. Scrap that, it is fantastic, it needs a slight bass boost - which I have to the rear, but overall the sound is well balanced and clear.

Mine was an Ex-Demonstrator - so has weird options like the UV glass (which I think works), the aquaphobic front windows - very cool when you get the car washed, adjustable power steering - nice and light for the wife - firm for me - which really improves the way the car drives on the open road.
dodgyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:18   #3
Mercmanuk

Hi and many thanks for that, i have read that it has a Simm card holder in the glove box is this correct to enable a in car phone (not blue tooth as that is extra). the steering wheel sensitivity how do you alter that, will it remember the settings along with the drivers seat (Memory system) it looks a impressive car and if the above are as they say installed the good value as well,

I chose mine for it's looks i think the Volvo is a brill car, and a good matched equal for Mercedes as there customer service along with there product has taken a nose dive latley

Regards mark.
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 13:14   #4
dodgyken
Master Member

I have the bluetooth option - which IMHO would be the preferred option - very easy to setup - great to use - although bluetooth does eat up mobile phone battery life.

The steering is adjusted via the "Car Settings" sub-menu. Easy enough to find. It may not be standard fit on the SE-Lux - I am unsure of exact UK spec - as I am in Switzerland.

I agree about the looks - but more so the cabin layout. I eschewed a 2 year old 545i for a new V70 D5 - with a few HEICO touches.

Which colour/trim combination did you go for?
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 13:30   #5
Mercmanuk

Hi i went for the Black with slate grey leather dark wood trim silver roof bars,

It has

bi- xenon lights
turning head-lights
phone prep
auto tail gate
Sat Nav
Memory seats
Heated seats:-

-and a load of other extras as well went for the D5 geartrionic with star shaped alloy wheels, great load area and the seats are very comfortable, have a delivery date of the 19th October, so should be picking car up at the latest the week after, toatal cost £35,000.00 just a shade under, with a tank of fuel LOL

Regards Mark
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 14:18   #6
dodgyken
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmanuk View Post
Hi i went for the Black with slate grey leather dark wood trim silver roof bars,

It has

bi- xenon lights
turning head-lights
phone prep
auto tail gate
Sat Nav
Memory seats
Heated seats:-

-and a load of other extras as well went for the D5 geartrionic with star shaped alloy wheels, great load area and the seats are very comfortable, have a delivery date of the 19th October, so should be picking car up at the latest the week after, toatal cost £35,000.00 just a shade under, with a tank of fuel LOL

Regards Mark
Headlights are very good on the V70 - and the directional is quite cool - the first few times you drive and night!! The tailgate is just a gimmick- but still quite hand sometimes. Seats are superb - I did 640km without a break (around 5 hours of driving) - and felt fresh afterwards. I have the same trim (wood + dark grey/black leather) and also the roof rail. If you need bars, Volvo are the only people to confirm the right bars for the current V70.

The economy isn't great - especially the first few thousand miles but will creep up - I probably get around 36mpg mixed driving - more on a long motorway cruise - and even more if I take it slow.

Performance is excellent, the gearbox is smooth, although I have driven more intelligent ones.

Mine is also lowered and sits on 19" HEICO wheels

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 16:08   #7
Mercmanuk

That's one nice motor, they look sportier even the standard versions i think Volvo have come a long way since my T5 some years ago could not believe it was a Volvo when i went for a test drive, waiting for mine is proving very difficult, the tail gate will be handy but the button is high up on the edge of the boot sill is there a way it can be operated with the remote.

Regards Mark.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 08:57   #8
dodgyken
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmanuk View Post
That's one nice motor, they look sportier even the standard versions i think Volvo have come a long way since my T5 some years ago could not believe it was a Volvo when i went for a test drive, waiting for mine is proving very difficult, the tail gate will be handy but the button is high up on the edge of the boot sill is there a way it can be operated with the remote.

Regards Mark.
Not that I have figured out!! There might be - although I have the Swiss Manual - and diving into that is not exactly fun!

Switching over the headlights from LHD to RHD is a 5min job once you have done it a couple of times - just don't do it on the Channel Tunnel - the staff get really tetchy about that!!!
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 18:20   #9
Mercmanuk

Hi again had delivery it is the 2.4D not the 5D will you still talk to me lol it's shaping up very well indeed get some pics soon ans upload them.

regards mark.