Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

262 repair panels and suspension

Views : 1154

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 31st, 2005, 18:42   #1
Rich 264
Pinball Wizard

Default 262 repair panels and suspension

Does anyone know if Volvo or another company can supply any repair panels for the rear quarter window pillars on the 262. I can repair all the usual 200 series rot (spare wheel wells, arches etc) but the extent of the rot in the roof skin where it meets the rear wing looks a lot more involved.

Secondly i've just been surfing the Spax catalogue and i've got part numbers for front & rear springs, but can't find a matching damper kit, anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks
Rich
Rich 264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 18:45   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Default RE: 262 repair panels and suspension

Give me a call I'm the approved spax dealer for all volvo models. I have springs and dampers for most models including 200's.
The rear pilars are a sheet metal job Not too hard to fab repair panels not enough 262's for off the self repair panels.
My phone no is 01407 832 290 or 0788 169 2219.

Dai
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 23:17   #3
whippet750

Default RE: 262 repair panels and suspension

Hi Rich,

I`m in the same boat as you attempting to re-build a v sorry for itself 262. Like yours, the rear roof panels on mine were shot and the only solution really is to re-build them. Find yourself a good willing welder and get him to re-fabricate the section using sheet and maybe weld as necessary. The panels were available from volvo but unfortunately ...no more. Let me know if you need anymore help and what state yours is in etc and maybe we can compare notes. I`m about 2 months into mine and I guess I`m just about to being the re-building. The wheel arches were shot as were the sills. There was loads of surface rust inside where the roof had leaked but I have managed to deal with most of this failry effectively. Hope that helps a little.

Simon