Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

262c Please help!!!!!

Views : 716

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 08:56   #1
whippet750

Hello all,

Can anyone with any knowledge as to restoring 262`s please get in touch. My brother and I have recently acquired a 262c 1979 described as benefiting from 'minor renovation' as I`m sure most of you will imagine this is pure fantasy and we have had to resort to an almost total rebuild. Mechanically its ok....well nothing we can cope with but the body is much more of a problem. The roof we have had to remove and whilst we can fix the little areas of rust underneath at some stage it will need a new vinyl so does anyone know where we could either get the volvo kit from for the roof or any specialsit companies who could take on the job? The sills are shot but we have managed to source two new ones by a miracle and help from the very helpfull guy at volvospares-uk.com who also supplied a new wing. The wheel arches need to be cut out and replaced any ideas??? Obvious questions as to my sanity must I guess be asked but have no fear we will not give up on the poor old girl. It would be such a tragedy for such an unusual car to have been scrapped which without doubt was where she was heading. So please you guys out there any help and advice at all would be most grateful.

Simon
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 14:50   #2
Matt 850 GLT

You're brave! I gave up on mine in 98, I went abroad and Dad sent it to the crusher!!

There might not be many parts available for a Bertone built car BUT, I have hear that Bertone in Italy can help with some parts but exactly what I don't know.

The front wings are 240 compatible but you need the right model year. The rear wings were also fitted to a 262 and 242 models and should fit the coupe, at least from the waist down they were the same. If not, you might get repair panels for the rear wings and sills and be able to adapt them, from normal 240 models, especially wheel arches as they were all the same.

The worst bit for me was the windscreen and scuttle panel as it was so unique to the coupe, I couldn't get it fixed so I gave up with it.

Good luck
Matt
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 21:02   #3
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

Default RE: 262c Please help!!!!!

I have had considerable experience rescuing 240s and know how to tackle most jobs. Rear rches are a doddle - repair panels for outer is available and inner can normally be repaired by patching. Screen is the same as the 240 but raked back - the original pillars were basically cut and leant back so it should be possible to use 240 pillars of a scrapper - the scuttle is the 240 one . If you require advice on any particular problem as you come to it feel free to phone (01407 832290) and I'll do my best to talk you through it and advise where to obtain parts.

Mike
Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote