Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help Car wont start.

Views : 932

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 23rd, 2024, 17:49   #11
osullivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbv8 View Post
Maybe the battery has just died or a cell has failed?
Battery is perfect...engine spinning very quickly (have charged it a few times)
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2024, 18:17   #12
Simmy
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osullivant View Post
2006 XC90 Manual D5 185.

I have had this car for about 4 years, it is an awful looking yoke with its mismatched mirrors torn seat and bad spray job on the rear door but it has always done its job. which is get me and my stuff where ever I want to go...

I don't use it much so it often sits unused for weeks at a time, until last week it always started, sometimes it may need a restart after a few seconds and then it would be fine.

I went to move it last week and the battery was low and it would not start, I charged the battery and still no start.

turns over fine but there is no attempt to fire. Fuel being delivered to the high pressure pump and there seems to be plenty of fuel at the injectors.

I sense it is an electrical problem, I have tried two original keys and locked and unlocked with no issue.

I have tried VIDA and i cant see any faults which should prevent a start. ( several about the cabin temperature, brake pressure, and a few random about the 4wd gubbins on the back axle etc.

its a new to me version of VIDA and I was not able to get any live data like RPM etc I was hoping to see if the crank position sensor was operating, if this can be seen on VIDA can anyone give me instructions on how to see it.

Are there any suggestions on what I might try? all modules came up as available on VIDA so dos that rule out a bad CEM?
try watching some how to use vida its far to complex to try to explain how to use it on here some good vids on you tube are a guide to vida by matthew leavsley or a similar one by rob smith there is also another in depth vid by farpoint farm an ex volvo tech.
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2024, 22:44   #13
ahp

Hi, did you manage to get car going yet. I have just had mine die today while driving. Will fire on easystart but not without. Able to activate fuel pump with VIDA so not dead.
I get fuel pressure 7470 kPA while cranking
VIDA is showing P020100 /P020200 /P020300 /P020400 /P020500 after cranking (all Injectors circuit/open fault)
Other fault codes P200A84 (Swirl flap motor seized which would not expect stop firing) and P003100 which also would only expect cause issues after starting.

So I don't know why my injectors have all simultaneously stopped firing.

Interested to see how you have got on.
Anthony
ahp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2024, 22:06   #14
osullivant

Just to update.. I could not get vida to connect so I was not able to get any codes however the check engine light was not on.

I tried to get down to the crank shaft position sensor but have up as it looked too hard to get at and I did not have too much time.

After I had put the ecus and air box back I thought it might be worth spraying brake cleaner towards the sensor...Makes little sense, I also have it a good shot up the air intake.

I turned it over and it started almost immediately one injector was leaking through a nipple which had been loosened. I tightened this and it started again on the first go. As it did this morning... So problem seems solved...
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote