Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC70 owner

Views : 1525

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2022, 14:40   #11
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Congrats Dazza she looks nice.

You can now crest the UK roads in comfort and not feel like a well used flexi tripod when you arrive.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 02:38   #12
Dazza95

Thanks. It’s certainly very comfortable but I expected nothing less after my S60, although this is much more spacious. The light interior also makes it feel quite airy. All very welcome with me doing over 25k miles a year.

Re. fuel economy, I got 39.7mpg from the first tank which I’m happy with. I’ll be tracking this on Fuelly if anyone is interested. I was sad enough to record all 259 fill ups in my old S60.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/volvo/xc7...azza95/1174146
Dazza95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 02:42   #13
Dazza95

Quote:
Originally Posted by apersson850 View Post
The average speed and fuel consumption you see on the dashboard are since last reset, which you do manually. It's completely separate from the trip statistics you can see in the center display.
They can be reset individually or as a group.

My XC70, which is a 2012, didn't even have trip statistics when I bought it. It came with a later software update.

Finally, the expected range on remaining fuel is based on the rolling average consumption the last 30 km.
Thanks, yes I’d worked that out. I like to know the average speed for each journey and it’s just a faff having to reset it every time. It’s only a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things really and nothing major.
Dazza95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2022, 11:24   #14
apersson850
Premier Member

The closest you can come is to look at the trip statistics and calculate distance divided by time yourself. If you have that one set to reset on a new trip, you always get new data there. You "only" have to remember to capture the data.
If you forget and have Volvo on Call, you have a hundred days to get it from there.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apersson850 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2023, 20:29   #15
Dazza95

Quick update as I’ve now driven 12,000 miles in the XC70. There isn’t a lot to report really as it’s continued to perform without any fuss.

- Smooth auto gearbox.
- Very comfortable and relaxing drive.
- Reversing camera.
- Adaptive cruise control.

Dislikes:

- Start/stop system. I turn it off as soon as I start the car. It doesn’t work when the gearbox is in ‘D’ or ‘N’ with the handbrake on – this is the only time I’d consider using it. I don’t like sitting stationary with my foot on the brake with cars behind me, especially in the dark.
- Screenwash jets, although adequate, I much preferred the fan spray pattern in my old S60.
- Load cover bracket/mounting; it’s a very poor design with large gaps between it and the interior trim. This means it’s free to slide about when on the move and rattles and squeaks as it does so. I’ve wedged some foam into the gap and used some silicone grease on the plastics which seems to have cured it.

Average MPG calculated properly has been 39.5 – mainly long distance, sedate driving. I am expecting an improvement as the weather warms up. I have my reservations about long term ownership prospectives as it does seem to be a complex old machine with a lot of tech that can go wrong. Indeed, a post on this forum by another member who had to change their Bi-xenon headlamp units at a cost of £950 each, just for the parts, had me reeling in horror.
Old Mar 13th, 2023, 11:17   #16
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

They are lovely looking motors in silver.

2012 Volvo XC70 3.0L AWD T6 [CAN🍁]
2015 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D4 SE LUX - Sold 78,728 Miles (July 2023) [GB]
2012 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D3 SE LUX - Written off 76,500 Miles (Aug 2017)[GB]
SignumGB is offline   Reply With Quote