Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Heated Mirror

Views : 1577

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2018, 05:16   #1
Aussiexc60

Default XC60 Heated Mirror

Hi

Longtime reader, first time contributor!!

I have a 2012 r design d5.

The heated mirror on the drivers side has stopped working. Ive confirmed that the glass itself is ok by both ohm testing and by replacement. I actually have not yet tested the two terminals but due to the other text I assume there would be no voltage reading at this stage.

Would just like some definitive answers if known for this model:

Is there a fuse that JUST does the RHS heated mirror. If yes, where? If no then I assume fuse is ok as mirror on LHS works and the tilt and adjust mirror functions also work

The heated mirrors are on a timer....is there only one timer for both mirrors and where is it or if two timers where are they?

Are there any Relays specific to the RHS mirror? If yes where? (As if yes I would simply swap the left with right to narrow down issues)

An autoelec mentioned that some components have to be "registered" by the computer after replacement. I don't think this is the case in this circumstance, but if it is please advise?

Does any one have a detailed wiring diagram?

Depending on above answers I suspect the problem may be a broken wire between the mirror and the car.....also between which there are some connectors to test, but it would be handy to know what terminals are what on the door connectors so I could do some testing there, before dismantling the door or dash and tracing wires back?? I have disconnected the main door connector to inspect and push back in case was just a connection problem there but no change......but it would be so handy to know if the heated mirror terminals were hot here (so as to rule out relays,fuses,broken wires and timers) or not (no need to dismantle door!!)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Aussiexc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2018, 09:51   #2
Whyman
Premier Member

I am sure there are threads about cable failure in tailgates so you may well be right that the problem is a broken cable in the door hinge.

You can download the manual fro the Volvo website which will help you with locating and idebtifying the fuses.
Old Aug 8th, 2018, 11:53   #3
Aussiexc60

Thx Whyman, is there a specific link you can direct me to and is it a free service??
Old Aug 8th, 2018, 20:52   #4
Whyman
Premier Member

They are free just go to volvocars.com, select your region and then your country then support and search for manuals.

A drop down menu appears to select model and year and the manual appears in full and can be saved either to your iPad or to your Pc.
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 01:03   #5
Aussiexc60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyman View Post
They are free just go to volvocars.com, select your region and then your country then support and search for manuals.

A drop down menu appears to select model and year and the manual appears in full and can be saved either to your iPad or to your Pc.
Thanks Whyman and sorry I misunderstood I thought you were saying I could get the wiring diagrams I was after for free from Volvo. I already have the manual both hard copy and download and there is no mention of the heated mirrors having a fuse, which is why I'm hoping for some extra help .
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 00:08   #6
JGEM

Default Same problem with mirror heating

Hi, watching this thread with interest as i have put up with no heating on my passenger door mirror for a couple of years. Mostly not a problem in Sydney, but now I'm back in Christchurch NZ with the XC60 the mirrors get fogged up a lot more.

I'm not sure under what conditions even the mirror heater is supposed to switch on and for how long - I assume it is when front or rear window heaters are engaged?

My passenger's mirror assembly was replaced several years ago after an unfortunate incident with a fencepost in a narrow driveway and it was after that time that I noticed that the mirror heating was not working. Might be coincidence, just not sure. Have been too busy / lazy to remove mirror glass and check resistance as a first step in diagnosing..
JGEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 10:47   #7
jasmith44
jasmith44

Don't be so lazy or take it to a garage that does repairs for lots of money.
Old Feb 23rd, 2023, 19:14   #8
Warrenpeace

I have been searching for this as well. Have checked fuses and everything is so clearly labelled that I’m shocked there is no mention of the mirrors at all in the fuse listings. My mirror motor works and the whole housing folds, but there is no heat for the glass and in winter I wish I had it. Very obviously working in the opposite, left side mirror but not the right side.
Warrenpeace is offline   Reply With Quote