Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 T8 ultimate dark just ordered

Views : 1284

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 8th, 2022, 15:21   #1
47yellow

Default S60 T8 ultimate dark just ordered

Hi All

Short term lurker first time poster.

Currently driving a BMW 330e M-Sport as my company car. I optioned it with the driver assistance pack as radar cruise is a must.

It’s a nice car, drives well and saves me money on my P11D. It’s due for replacement December 2022.

With the increased lead times on new cars I started looking for a replacement in November. Initially I liked the look of an electric especially with the tax savings. Started off thinking the BMW i4 would be perfect but lease costs aren’t cheap plus charging networks is not suitable. I do 40k miles a year.

I moved on to the Tesla model 3 as their network is very good. Test drove one and really liked it. But looking into the finer details their warranty is only for 40k miles which is no good for me.

In the end of chickened out of the full electric and started looking at another hybrid. My wife has recently purchased a 68 plate XC60 which is very nice and it got me looking at Volvo’s.

The lease company had offers on the S60 T8 Ultimate Dark so I placed my order this week for delivery before Christmas. I’ve gone for denim blue with black head lining and black seats.

I’ve not test driven an S60 but I didn’t test drive the 330e as I know it will be a nice car. I have driven a V90 with the new Google infotainment for a couple of days. Some good bits and some frustrating. The pilot assistance being in a sub menu is frustrating but overall I like it.

Dealer has already emailed asking to set up my Volvo ID which is promising.

I like that I do not see many S60’s on the road.

Now I have the year wait till I get my new car!
47yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 47yellow For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 09:29   #2
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47yellow View Post
Hi All

Currently driving a BMW 330e M-Sport as my company car. I optioned it with the driver assistance pack as radar cruise is a must.

It’s a nice car, drives well and saves me money on my P11D. It’s due for replacement December 2022.

With the increased lead times on new cars I started looking for a replacement in November. Initially I liked the look of an electric especially with the tax savings. Started off thinking the BMW i4 would be perfect but lease costs aren’t cheap plus charging networks is not suitable. I do 40k miles a year.

I moved on to the Tesla model 3 as their network is very good. Test drove one and really liked it. But looking into the finer details their warranty is only for 40k miles which is no good for me.

In the end of chickened out of the full electric and started looking at another hybrid. My wife has recently purchased a 68 plate XC60 which is very nice and it got me looking at Volvo’s.

The lease company had offers on the S60 T8 Ultimate Dark so I placed my order this week for delivery before Christmas. I’ve gone for denim blue with black head lining and black seats.

I’ve not test driven an S60 but I didn’t test drive the 330e as I know it will be a nice car. I have driven a V90 with the new Google infotainment for a couple of days. Some good bits and some frustrating. The pilot assistance being in a sub menu is frustrating but overall I like it.

Congratulations, you will not be disappointed compared with a 330e in terms of performance! I have an original S60 T8 (one of the last delivered pre 2020 lockdown so no 112mph speed limiter and still has the supercharger for the fast pickup etc), and it hasn't been fault free, but its a lovely car to drive.

There are people on here that do not believe the performance of the S60 T8, but so far, it faster than pretty much most of the things on the road.

How did you fare with the chip shortage? Did they remove BLIS and electric passenger seat as standard/android auto?

Pilot assist is very good in mine, no phantom braking like the Teslas overtaking lorries or passing under overhead gantries,
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 10:13   #3
Franko1960

Quote:
Hi All

You will not be disappointed on the S60. I moved from a BMW 330i to the S60 Inscription back in October 2021. Maybe not as high tech as the BMW, but drives just as well, and it has everything you would need. Thinking about the Polestar upgrade, but will wait until it comes out on offer.
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 21:47   #4
47yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd443 View Post
Congratulations, you will not be disappointed compared with a 330e in terms of performance! I have an original S60 T8 (one of the last delivered pre 2020 lockdown so no 112mph speed limiter and still has the supercharger for the fast pickup etc), and it hasn't been fault free, but its a lovely car to drive.

There are people on here that do not believe the performance of the S60 T8, but so far, it faster than pretty much most of the things on the road.

How did you fare with the chip shortage? Did they remove BLIS and electric passenger seat as standard/android auto?

Pilot assist is very good in mine, no phantom braking like the Teslas overtaking lorries or passing under overhead gantries,

I have been told that it will all the spec with BLIS android auto and passenger memory seat. I will see if that’s true! I triple checked it would come with pilot assist as this is a must.

I’ve been impressed with my wife’s XC60 and found it better than a newer V90 (I think that’s my estate prejudice coming through &#128514

I’ve been really impressed with the 3 series but I always enjoy a new car.

I had a 53 plate Mini Cooper S and really liked the way it drove with its supercharger. I am little sad I won’t get the same engine as you but excited to get an increased electric range especially compared to the 330e

I had to de-badge my 330e as customers kept thinking it had a 3.0 litre engine which became a challenge when taking price increases.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 16:34   #5
47yellow

Since ordering my car in January with the lease company they have been sending weekly updates. It was scheduled for delivery just before Christmas.

For the last 6 months each weekly update has been the same “car is waiting for production”. Knowing the S60 is made in the USA and requires shipping I questioned the status but was always met “yes it will still be delivered in December”.

Last week I found out who the supplying dealer was (PV Dobson) and contacted them. Technically the update are correct and my car is waiting for a protection slot. However, an S60 was ordered before me and has a production date but won’t be delivered till March 2023. And no one can give me a estimated build or delivery date.

If had more accurate dates I could plan accordingly.

My current BMW 330e lease can be extended for a min of 6 months.

I can either extend the BMW and wait and unknown amount of time for the S60 or cancel and order something different. If I go electric I could buy it through the company and take advantage of offsetting the full purchase price against profit/tax
Car options
1. Volvo XC40 Ultimate hybrid. In stock ready to go
2. Kia EV6 awd
3. Hyundai ioniq 5 awd. Benefits it has a 5 year unlimited warranty
4. Tesla model 3/Y long range
5. Ford Mạch e extended range awd
4. Polestar 2 long range. Only single motor but very Volvo feel

Benefits of a hybrid when doing 40,000 miles per year is no range anxiety. Benefits of electric is personal tax and the way they drive.

I do like the S60 and looking around I have a cracking deal.

I am waiting for the lease company to come back to me tomorrow with their options and they have opened a formal complain.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 10:57   #6
rhd443

Quote:
Since ordering my car in January with the lease company they have been sending weekly updates. It was scheduled for delivery just before Christmas.

For the last 6 months each weekly update has been the same “car is waiting for production”. Knowing the S60 is made in the USA and requires shipping I questioned the status but was always met “yes it will still be delivered in December”.

Last week I found out who the supplying dealer was (PV Dobson) and contacted them. Technically the update are correct and my car is waiting for a protection slot. However, an S60 was ordered before me and has a production date but won’t be delivered till March 2023. And no one can give me a estimated build or delivery date.

If had more accurate dates I could plan accordingly.

My current BMW 330e lease can be extended for a min of 6 months.

I can either extend the BMW and wait and unknown amount of time for the S60 or cancel and order something different. If I go electric I could buy it through the company and take advantage of offsetting the full purchase price against profit/tax
Car options
1. Volvo XC40 Ultimate hybrid. In stock ready to go
2. Kia EV6 awd
3. Hyundai ioniq 5 awd. Benefits it has a 5 year unlimited warranty
4. Tesla model 3/Y long range
5. Ford Mạch e extended range awd
4. Polestar 2 long range. Only single motor but very Volvo feel

Benefits of a hybrid when doing 40,000 miles per year is no range anxiety. Benefits of electric is personal tax and the way they drive.

I do like the S60 and looking around I have a cracking deal.

I am waiting for the lease company to come back to me tomorrow with their options and they have opened a formal complain.
I would say wait I'm pondering on keeping mine now after seeing the new models with items missing and price increases!

If its any help, pre-covid our S60 was built in early January 2020 and shipped/arrived at the dealer the week before the first ever lockdown in March 2020. So i would be expecting a few months from date of build before it even arrives in the UK as it wouldnt have got any quicker recently.
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 18:04   #7
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Difficult one, I'd say wait but if you can't I'd go this way

Pole

Ioniq 5

eMustang

But if you want as close as close experience to the S60 I'd take the XC40 now.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 21:44   #8
47yellow

I’ve got test drives booked with the EV6, Mustang and Ioniq 5 this Saturday.

The point I cannot get over is range anxiety and charging an electric car. Doing 40k miles per year means I do regular long journeys. Tomorrow I leave my home in Northamptonshire, head to a customer in Yeovil, down the Exeter for two customers and home (478 miles). Yes I will be stopping for comfort breaks but an electric car would require longer stops and having to deal with the unknown status of chargers. A Tesla would overcome this with their supercharger network. However, their warranty is lacking in length and miles lol

Polestar is very close to Volvo and they have preconfigured 2’s coming in later this year with the options I want. But speaking to my friend who owns one he tells me when charged to 90% he only gets 160 miles in winter.

The deal I have on the S60 is very good value and includes maintenance. I suspect all my research and man maths will result in me waiting for the S60. My frustrations are with the lease company and their lack of common sense

I will update on Saturday after my test drives.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 01:45   #9
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:

The point I cannot get over is range anxiety and charging an electric car. Doing 40k miles per year means I do regular long journeys. Tomorrow I leave my home in Northamptonshire, head to a customer in Yeovil, down the Exeter for two customers and home (478 miles). Yes I will be stopping for comfort breaks but an electric car would require longer stops and having to deal with the unknown status of chargers. A Tesla would overcome this with their supercharger network. However, their warranty is lacking in length and miles lol

Polestar is very close to Volvo and they have preconfigured 2’s coming in later this year with the options I want. But speaking to my friend who owns one he tells me when charged to 90% he only gets 160 miles in winter.

The deal I have on the S60 is very good value and includes maintenance. I suspect all my research and man maths will result in me waiting for the S60. My frustrations are with the lease company and their lack of common sense

You need a hybrid basically, fully electric will mean you'll add 2 hours min a day to your day, have you considered a Camry?

And well done your friend for being honest about things, most people who splash for a Pole would say "oh it's great 250 miles a charge even with everything running" think the twanger who runs a 300C and always gets 40mpg urban.

If you did get a fully EV make sure you spec the heat pump option.

With all that in mind I'd be in the XC40 next week tbh.

Last edited by SnineT; Sep 21st, 2022 at 01:47.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 11:17   #10
smithsc

Quote:

I waited for my S60 Polestar for 10 months as like you I was worried about range anxiety and can honestly say it was worth the wait so far i've put 1200 miles on and only just filled up for the second time (I dont do as many miles as you mind).

As long as you programme the sat nav to make it a round trip the hybrid system works really well..
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote