Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Gearbox[es]

Views : 413

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 18th, 2022, 17:26   #1
Dippydog
Premier Member

Default Gearbox[es]

Step daughters C70 2.4lpt petrol needs a gearbox.The car was first registered in early January 2001 so presumably built 2000[although using the reg number on e-bay brings up that it's a 1999 car?]anyway the label on her gearbox has the following: P9482103 M56HK T100059 4.00. M56HK is obviously the type of gearbox while 4.00 is I believe the final drive ratio? Don't know what the other numbers/letters mean.We've seen two for sale one of which says it's a M56HK but the only other information is the number 1023705 cast into its casing.The other the seller says is either a M56L or M56H but isn't sure as there's no label on it,but does say it was taken from a '98 V70 with the ME7 system and also that the input shaft is the thicker one[?]with 21 splines.This 'box also has the number 1023705 cast into its casing.Does anyone know from this information whether either of these boxes would fit her C70?
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2022, 20:56   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

try contacting shem at shemtec automotive he will know these things
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2022, 21:40   #3
Dippydog
Premier Member

Thank you for that.I've been to my granddaughters this morning and she sent the question to Shemtek via Facebook[Not a platform I use]and got an automated[?]response to say they'd received the message and would respond as soon as possible but as yet nothing further although obviously they're probably busy with other stuff.
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 09:52   #4
Dippydog
Premier Member

Finished up buying the 1023705 gearbox[apparently from a P1 V70 T5] then had a reply from Shemtek saying[from what I understand]that the input shaft may or may not be the same as her car has,so we may or may not need a different clutch for it to fit.We'll only really know when the gearbox comes off her car.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post: