Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

A t f

Views : 1607

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 16th, 2021, 14:21   #21
ITSv40
VOC Member

If the radio is original to the car any main dealer will be able to give you the code.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2021, 08:11   #22
forbsie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
You could wonder? We've got to 17 posts with this thread and we're only now getting close. Yet an all, the OP is found too idle to establish to us (or himself) what car he owns, and what gearbox it has.
Hidebound to keeping this secret, what we do know for sure is either:

1) His keyboard doesn't work, and he can't fix it, or...
2) The keyboard does work - Google is too complicated.

Jeez... I mean, minded to this ongoing struggle, what chance the gearbox?
Hey CNG what an ignorant prick you are My post CLEARLY says what car I have - you are such an insulting, condescending moron ! saying I'm too idle and you say Google is too complicated for me and so on ! If you cant reply with some sort of sensible answer / comment, then DONT reply at all ! Forums are for asking questions, and finding out what others do etc, they are NOT for throwing idle insults to anyone like you have just done with me ! I have been posting of forums like this with various car clubs etc, for many ears, and I have NEVER had such ignorant and nastiness like I have just received from you ! NOR have I read it being thrown at anyone else on any forum !
You are clearly just a low life prick and a keyboard warrior with nothing to do except read post that you clearly have NO interest in, then make nasty insulting comments !
NOW, refrain from EVER commenting on any of my posts again !
I shall be sure to repost your insults for others to see just how insulting you are

forbsie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to forbsie09 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 08:24   #23
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Quote:
As mentioned, its a 23 y/o V70R
Now at his post 22, we still have no solid 'definitive' and properly nailed-down answer on the MY (manufactured year) for this car. On the cusp, there was a gearbox change about then, the ATF could be Dexron or JWS3309 Toyota IV.
I've a 98 car with JWS. Others gave up asking, or just assumed. Should we answer the question with a guess, or ask again?

It's only when we got to about post 14 we were allowed to get close. There's clues - this 'insulting, condescending moron' has money on Dexron. Yet and all, with the contradictory information to date, all bets are off.

Dependent on MY- as against reg - this thing might STILL be found with an early 5-speed box.

The information required to 'without question' nail this down has yet to be revealed.

This is getting good, I shall get back to my knitting.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jul 20th, 2021 at 08:50.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 12:40   #24
forbsie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Now at his post 22, we still have no solid 'definitive' and properly nailed-down answer on the MY (manufactured year) for this car. On the cusp, there was a gearbox change about then, the ATF could be Dexron or JWS3309 Toyota IV.
I've a 98 car with JWS. Others gave up asking, or just assumed. Should we answer the question with a guess, or ask again?

It's only when we got to about post 14 we were allowed to get close. There's clues - this 'insulting, condescending moron' has money on Dexron. Yet and all, with the contradictory information to date, all bets are off.

Dependent on MY- as against reg - this thing might STILL be found with an early 5-speed box.

The information required to 'without question' nail this down has yet to be revealed.

This is getting good, I shall get back to my knitting.
CNG, there appears to be NO end to your insulting comments ! EVERY forum has their oh so annoying and absolute di1ckheads, who feel its their given right to insult and post condescending comments on peoples post ! you are without doubt one of them ! I said do not comment on my post ! but your sheer and absolute ignorance shines yet again ! Every village has their idiot and I am no doubt you are the one in your place of residence. You clearly thrive on annoying people and you have obviously just a keyboard warrior trawling post that you have absolutely NO interest in.
It is a shame for you, you are clearly not the brightest, and have no respect for anyone, you are probably short on friends - most likely NONE, you have very most likely had a few slaps from various people due the the level of your annoying behaviour.
If you look hard, you may be able to find yourself a job, actually go out and do something, you "may" earn some money, not very much as I am sure whatever you do, it'll be on minimum wage. In the meantime, try - very hard not to be such an annoying pr1ck.
Now, as I've said already, dont bother commenting on any of my posts.
I will not respnd to any more of your idiiot remarks
forbsie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 10:46   #25
Bigfella666
Premier Member

CNG upsetting somebody on the forum heaven forbid whatever next !!

Forbsie he is a very odd character at the best of times but unfortunately yoo have just fallen for his trap - your most energetic responses x 2 will have him laughing his tits off - in fact he is probs still chuckling and still does not have the requisite steadiness to operate his keyboard !!
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigfella666 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 14:33   #26
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

He has it spot on. This is the internet, not for one second could any of it be taken seriously. Least of all anything from me. For chrissakes don't do that.

Thus, I'm not sure where this leaves those with conceit to claim the right not to be offended - yet they will anyway.

You have every right to tell me to go f... and good for you.

Knit one, purl two.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 15:57   #27
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

It takes less than 5 mins to remove the airbox and read the autobox ID plate to identify the model... Just saying...

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 18:16   #28
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Yeah but we said that around post 2-4ish. But no one takes any notice of me. Johnny no-mates me. Sniff.

Anyone can find their logbook, and go to Google with a VIN, etc - where's the fun in that?
Only acshort5 can we ask you to stop talking sensibly, using facts and figures. I'm here for the spittle-flecked rants, not informed debate.

We could simply pump in the VIN number and we're told pretty much all we ever need to know about what parts are required definitively for a:

'As mentioned, its(sic) a 23 y/o V70R [type thing]'.

Skandix is good, but I say no, bring it on. Dexron III in a JWS box will be fun.

Post 28 for chrissakes...

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jul 21st, 2021 at 18:34.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 18:32   #29
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

I suppose if you don't want to go under the bonnet and lack the computer skills for looking stuff up you could always find a long straight road, plant your right foot on the accelerator and count the gear changes...

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 18:35   #30
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Too much to ask.