Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2006 c70 t5 sat nav

Views : 511

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 11th, 2020, 21:06   #1
Stoatman

Default 2006 c70 t5 sat nav

Hey all,

Apologies , I know on forums it’s annoying when a newbie asks a common question . But it’s my first Volvo ....

Picked up a c70 t5 Manual with the Dynaudio stereo and sat nav. However the screen does absolutely nothing when trying to operate it . Assumedly it should electronically raise ? However nothing happens , I don’t think even a motor is turning or anything .

Is this common ? , fuse ?

Thanks
Stoatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 10:19   #2
FredGraham

Hi & welcome
I have a MY 2006 C70 T5 Geartronic. I'm not telling you how to suck eggs but if it was shut down it won't come up again until you turn on your ignition & press enter on the remote, the screen will then rise each time you turn the ignition on until it's shut down at which point it will stay down. This is assuming you have seen it in the raised position, also ensure the batteries in the remote are working. Hope this sorts your issue.
Fred

Last edited by FredGraham; Oct 12th, 2020 at 10:24.
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 20:13   #3
Simmy
Premier Member

the sat nav is slow to rise its quite easy yo press again before its moved thus sending it down before its come up are you useing the steering wheel controls or the remote it needsto be pointed at the sensor on the dash speaker
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 20:27   #4
Stoatman

I think I’m using the remote properly and holding the buttons on the wheel too, but nothing . No movement l and I’ve never seen it go up so far , although I only picked it up yesterday .
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 07:35   #5
reggit
Premier Member

Don’t know if you’ve sorted it yet, you need a long press on the enter button (about 2 seconds) to wake it up.

If that doesn’t work, check the dvd reader has power. It’s in the boot on the near side in the v70 but don’t know the location on the c70, guess similar?
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 09:17   #6
FredGraham

Hi Stoatman,
If it's the same as mine the dvd reader is in the glove box,some are kept I believe, under the front passenger seat but I think that is on other MY's.
Fred

Last edited by FredGraham; Oct 14th, 2020 at 09:17. Reason: Grammer
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 19:52   #7
Stoatman

So in positive news , it works !. Screen , control , dvd drive .

But , the motors bust . Or more accurately the motor wheel things . Saw this was sort of common online it turns out .

Anyone any idea how this can be fixed cheaply ?
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 20:18   #8
Simmy
Premier Member

try volvo dealers spare parts may be available. if not its a trip to the breakers yard good luck keep us posted
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 20:45   #9
Stoatman

Looks like I can get a motor kit , but fitting it could be interesting. Don’t really want to gouge my new sub grill trying to get it off ..
Old Oct 16th, 2020, 15:37   #10
Simmy
Premier Member

parts for volvo do a repair kit which has the two plastic gears and washers to fix the screen lifting part