Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What concrete post behind me OOPS?

Views : 1178

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 20:08   #1
mickintodeep

Default What concrete post behind me OOPS?

Hi All

To everyone who has had the misfortune to find a concrete post hiding behind your car, Or any other obstruction that jumps out at the last second and scratches your pride and joy. I have come across a new but very reasonable priced gadget for the rear of your car a pair of parking sensors?
Everyone must have seen them by now usually on very expensive cars like jags merc’s and such like. They come to life when you start to reverse and send a warning sound to you if the mystical concrete post suddenly grows behind the poor unsuspecting motorist and screams at you to stop before you have to wave goodbye to the £150 that you have to hand over to your insurance company to cover you for the first bit of the bill (not much fun).

And before you say a thing I am not trying to sell you anything I have discovered a very cheep devise in the Argos catalog that does the same job as the one on the jag and the merc but the good news it works. I have fitted it to my 850 estate and it starts to tell me that the post monster is first at 1 ½ meters away right down to 500 centimeters away? And all for £30 pounds have a look in the catalog? I have had to fit mine on the rear tail gate because they have to be ½ from the floor but the wires are easily run around the door rubber and the sensors only stick on so no damage to the cars paint and last of all to connect them you just tap into the revering light bulb circuit so when you place your car into gear it turns it on.

(All of this can easily be removed when you change your car and fit it to your new shiny one)

I think for the price it’s a really must have item, it only needs to stop you hitting something once and it’s paid for itself.

If you are not sure how it will look here is my email address and I will send you photo’s so you can see it fitted. Michael.seddon@ntlworld.com

All the best

Mick.
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 20:14   #2
a803sgo

Default RE: What concrete post behind me OOPS?

wots the part number i wanna see it

btw it is argos we're talking about here, i couldn't find a argus!!

cheers
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 20:30   #3
mickintodeep

Hi

It is argos and the number is cat no 740/0490 page 958

mick
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 21:16   #4
a803sgo

looks good will get one this weekend and give it a go on my dads s80

cheers
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 08:21   #5
Simon J
Premier Member

BTW, it's not just Jags and Merc that have this. It's an option on C70s (and presumably V70s as well) and XC90s and S80s. But at around £450 it's a tad more expensive than Argos!
Simon J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 13:29   #6
GorgeousGeorge
Bostin !!!

evenin

thought that was what the towbar was for :-)

here you go this is the fella

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...&go.x=0&go.y=0

cheers

scott
GorgeousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote