Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 Speaker not working.

Views : 753

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 14:41   #1
pizzaman

My C70 Dolby centre and top passenger door speakers are not working, have tried the usual things to no avail. Does this music system have a seperate amp and if so where?. Any ideas anybody.......
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 15:07   #2
Simon J
Premier Member

Default RE: C70 Speaker not working.

Stating the obvious, I know, but I presume you have the system switched to Pro Logic? I don't think the centre speaker works unless you do. Don't know about the door speakers, though.
Simon J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 16:41   #3
pizzaman

Yeah, all obvious things tried.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 17:16   #4
Simon J
Premier Member

Has yours suddenly stopped working or is it new and you can't get it to work? If the latter, I read on one of the US forums (or should that be fora?)that, with some systems, the Pro Logic only worked with the CD player and not with the radio.
Simon J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 18:27   #5
SG

The amp is in the boot, on the passenger side behind the trim.

However the amp only supplies the FL, FR, RL and RR channels; the centre speaker is driven from a 25W amp in the head unit so I can't see how a single fault could explain the problems you're describing.

The way the Dolby decoding works in the C70 can make it difficult to hear the centre channel in its own right. It's meant to interact with the other front speakers to create two stereo 'images' - one for each front seat. It's easier to hear in 3CH mode (which incidentally is better when you've got rear seat passengers). Also, and excuse me for asking, but the centre channel has it's own volume control - have you checked it? I can only think that your door speaker is damaged or a wire has become detached.

SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 18:33   #6
pizzaman

Just stopped working. All speakers are supposed to work on radio but pro-logic effect only on c.d.. I read somewhere that there is a seperate amp in the car but I can`t find it. With two speakers going off I`m hoping its a loose wire or something like that. Checked wires at the player and they are fine, suppose it could be the player thats gone faulty but ????????.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 18:57   #7
pizzaman

Thanks very much. So the two faults may not be linked as I hoped. Yes I have tried the centre volume and no joy. I have got the centre speaker cover off so its easy to tell if it is working. It could be the head unit I suppose. I will check the door speaker out.