Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Service Plans

Views : 588

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 8th, 2018, 00:08   #1
Murph7355

Default Service Plans

Has anyone secured deals on service plans on used cars?

We had a 2yr deal when we bought the car (£200)...don't think I was offered 5yrs and didn't think to ask. Ho hum.

Looks like the default price is something like £1k for 3 services, so quite a lot more and, I think, pretty much what it costs if you wander down to a dealer.

So has anyone had any joy getting a deal?

(Was sure I'd seen something on this on here, but can't find it!).
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 12:55   #2
cassell
Member since 1988

No, as far as I know the fixed price servicing deals are only made available on new cars. I bought a six month old V90 demonstrator and asked about the 3 or 5 year deals but was told it had to be taken out at the time of first registration, so even the dealers don't do it for their demos!

I've simply taken out a 3 year service contract at a fixed monthly cost which is perhaps a bit cheaper and spreads the cost for me over the year.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 20:50   #3
BiggyG

They had an offer on when I bought mine used at 14 months old.

3 services for £399. I bit their hand off!
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 08:22   #4
NickV90

Have you tried asking the dealer to extend your current deal? When I bought my v90 I asked for 3 years servicing as part of the deal. A few days later I spotted on here that up to 5 years was available for £500. I went back to the dealer and asked if I could extend the three years to 5 and pay £200 and he was happy to do it. To be fair it was before I had actually taken delivery. ?. But its worth asking.
NickV90 is offline   Reply With Quote