Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Built in telephone

Views : 2600

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:40   #11
s j l

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons my orange Sim card (pay as u go)has worked fine in my 03 s60 for the last 4 years !!!!
s j l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 21:42   #12
jclark91

Default Built-in phone

I have an S60 08 model just bought last week. It came without a SIM card and I have tried Virgin, Tesco and Vodaphone SIM's and none work, I just get the message "Please wait..." and nothing else.
jclark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 22:55   #13
bogart
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
If you remember back to the distant past of early mobile phones... does the phrase "dual band" mean anything?

Basically O2 & Vodafone work on one frequency and Orange and T-mobile are on another.

The phone in your Volvo is not "Dual band" and so will only work with Voda & O2 (and anyone who "borrows" those networks such as Tesco).

Three won't work either as they only allow 3g phones on their network.

2001 model
Page 181 of handbook phone IS dual band. Dual band has nothing to do with the operator all operaters work on tri band systems now, but most phones are still only dual band. Mine works with any sim I stick in it.
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 13:18   #14
craftychap
Rookie

Although mine doesn't respond, all the simcards I tested worked fine except for the 3 network with is 3g only and these phones require a 2g network.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=118639
craftychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 14:30   #15
Andy Barwick

Red face Telephone mystery

I have just bought a 2010 V70 estate.
There is the facility on the centre consul for a mobile phone dial pad but the menu says its not equipt with phone. If I can get this facility up and running it would be useful but I have no idea what is required. Does it need a wired phone or is it hands free. Where does the sim card go and do I needs a holder. I could do with a full explanation if anyone has time.
Many thanks in advance.
Andy Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 14:54   #16
ebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Barwick View Post
I have just bought a 2010 V70 estate.
There is the facility on the centre consul for a mobile phone dial pad but the menu says its not equipt with phone. If I can get this facility up and running it would be useful but I have no idea what is required. Does it need a wired phone or is it hands free. Where does the sim card go and do I needs a holder. I could do with a full explanation if anyone has time.
Many thanks in advance.
You will probably find that it only works with bluetooth .I have also a 2010 xc70 mine works fine. Connected from my mobile phone bluetooth.swich it on befor you start the car you should see the blue toothed sign on the radio display. Hope this helps you.
ebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 15:34   #17
wise old monkey
Premier Member

volvo bob is currently breaking a v70 with the phone in the arm rest and the buttons where the cup holder goes, also you wll need the head rest as it has the speaker in it
wise old monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 19:35   #18
Theeggman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise old monkey View Post
volvo bob is currently breaking a v70 with the phone in the arm rest and the buttons where the cup holder goes, also you wll need the head rest as it has the speaker in it
I think you may be talking pre-2010. The OP who bumped this thread is a bit lost (wrong section).

2005 XC70 Auto. Now Sold.
Theeggman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Theeggman For This Useful Post:
Old May 6th, 2017, 21:44   #19
john-sussex

not really any help. However, our 2006 has never had any trouble reading a card from any company. Currently running a brand new O2 sim.
john-sussex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 20:45   #20
Gerryjr

Default phone inf how to set up

Just got a phone control sos module 30732792 to fit in my v70 2002 mk2 ,do I need any thing else to make it work bluetooth control unit sim or a working
manual .

gerry
Gerryjr is offline   Reply With Quote