Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2001 C70 Soft top not working

Views : 20237

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2016, 06:40   #11
happy diver
Active Member Moment

Whilst you're at it next to the fuses, squeeze some glue into the blue seatbelt roof boinger relay thing to shut it up.
Life then becomes so peaceful, like sitting at the beach with your foot out the window
door open and no seatbelt listening to soft music with hula girls in the distance approaching you
or hula boys

20,000 leagues under the sea diving to adventure
in a silent world with my ceiling the waves...Emile
happy diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2016, 09:20   #12
benali

My 2003, has on a few occasions failed to close fully or failed to open fully. I've always found a reset (ie disconnect battery for a few minutes to fix it). Most probably just warning me of a more serious issue waiting around the corner though!
benali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to benali For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2016, 00:26   #13
burgess

Quote:
Originally Posted by benali View Post
My 2003, has on a few occasions failed to close fully or failed to open fully. I've always found a reset (ie disconnect battery for a few minutes to fix it). Most probably just warning me of a more serious issue waiting around the corner though!
Hello benali, Any do's and don't prior to disconnecting the battery, e.g., not operating anything for X number of minutes/hours.
burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2016, 09:02   #14
tony209
Master Member

Check the output of your alternator, I have read that the CEM and the CDM can go into shut down mode if the voltage is too low, are there any issues with the windows?
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 01:54   #15
Articanakin

Hello everybody I've been trying to find answers to my convertible roof problems, I've just bought a metalic blue c70 from 2001, 125k for 500e.

The roof when folding in to its "last sequence" doesn't lock down, the previous owner has un bolted the U-ring type catchs from the roof.
He also explained to me that he had stuck down, with super glue �� 2 plastic bits, in which the roof locks to.
He thinks that he hasn't lined them up properly, and therefore the roof doesn't lock close.
Also this problem has made another one, all windows stay open, this is the worst problem!!!! ������

Do any of you guys have any information about this, the window's are the main issue, because it's only at the back that the roof isn't shut!!! It's probably a mechanical thing whereas the window thing is electric, and I am not very good at everything electricall!!

This is my second volvo

I'm hoping to get this new one like that 1st one ������
Thanks for your help if you have any ideas,��

I'm quite good with mechanics, as I have mended all of my vehicles since the first one

Thanks, merci beaucoup !

Last edited by Articanakin; Apr 5th, 2017 at 01:58.
Articanakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2017, 00:21   #16
burgess

Hello Articanakin,
Welcome to my C70's got a roof problem club. I'm in the throws of sorting out my roof problems.

First, when closing the roof, the window control module will not close-up the windows if there is no signal from the roof control module to verify the hatch is in the locked down position and the tension bow is in the locked down position.

Couple of questions,
1# "U-ring type catchs from the roof."....
These are the two striker plates held by screws onto the tensioner rib, these are pulled down by the locking arms top part of the storage compartment cover hinges.

When they are pulled down depress a micro-switch in each locking arm and these must close simultaneously. Attached to the vertical part of the O/S hinge there is rear locking arm potentiometer part of the feed back circuit controlling the cover drive motor.

2# "2 plastic bits, in which the roof locks to." ....
The two cover locks each depress a micro-switch, the cover lock mechanisms are enclosed behind a plastic cover held in place by three screws two X point counter sunk screws and one torx screw. These micro-switches must also close simultaneously and open simultaneously when the cover opens.

If the roof does not complete it's closing cycle the windows will not rise, the air con will not work and neither will the audio auto sound level.

The cable that operates the cover catches is a worm drive which moves the quadrant that operates the claws when opening and closing. Look at the lock nuts both cables if not similar adjustment, press the quadrant towards the cable and advance or retard by one or two teeth and pull back up to engage.
However, the whole roof is quite complex and if you want to understand and work on the roof, look for a copy of the Volvo VIDA workshop manual, and install on windows 7 pro.

Burgess
burgess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertible roof sequence